cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with ATA this weekend

Highlighted

Re: Problems with ATA this weekend

FYI

I took the ATA out and within 3 minutes the Modem locked. Looks like it's the power supply.

Jim, the tech, has a new power supply and I think he said another modem and will be here first thing in the AM
Highlighted

Hi Bill

Liz is in a meeting right now so I am looking at your system really quick. Can you confirm your network is set up this way, or correct me in the order according to how you have it

Modem > Connected to ATA > ATA Connected to Router 

Thanks!
Amanda
Highlighted

That would be correct

Highlighted

Hi Bill,

Thanks for confirming your network setup and for the latest up date on the power supply. We're looking forward to hearing how the new power supply and modem work out for you.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

It's got to work.... it's the ONLY thing left! LOL
Highlighted

OK, I now have a new radio, new cable from the radio to the modem, another new modem (changed today), a new power supply and new power cables and just for the heck of it replaced the LAN cable again. If it crashes now I say we start looking to see if aliens are using my WiFi to phone home.

This has got to do it, I mean what's left?

Thanks for everything. Hopefully we will be able to close this thread today. If I don't crash and burn between now and 4PM I think we can safely say I'm good.
Highlighted

There have been no problems since the tech left other than a brief loss of power which was electrical in nature, had nothing to do with Hughesnet. It was enough to knock me off line but that was because the modem is no longer on the UPS. Have not lost internet or phone in 4 hrs and that has been unheard of this past week.

Looks like it's been fixed. Thanks so much for all your help.
Highlighted

Whewww! So glad to hear that Bill. Thanks for the constant, detailed updates. Amanda and I are glad to have helped. 

Try to enjoy the weekend!

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

24 hrs without any incident. I just wish I could put the modem back on the UPS or surge protector. We get power drops here just about every day and if it weren't for the UPS my computer would be rebooting every day and I would be losing data constantly. At least with the modem all I'll lose is the internet connection.

Could you ask the engineers if there is any way to safely connect the modem to an UPS or surge protector?  I've had 48 'blackouts' in the past 4 weeks and the input voltage from the outlet is 127 volts. With summer coming I can only see this getting worse.

This is the first time I've ever been told not to put an electrical device on any kind of protection and just plug it straight into the wall.

Thanks for everything again. Don't rush on this but any kind of explanation as to why this device is negatively affected by the UPS would be helpful.
Highlighted

Sure thing, I've sent it to my engineering contact. I'll let you know as soon as I get a reply.

-Liz