Hughesnet Community

Problems with The Voice Phone System

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ptlady

Problems with The Voice Phone System

Our Voice Phone System is not working very well.  There is a "delayed" action when we try to speak to someone -- they can't hear us very well and we can't hear them very well.  We also receive an echo with the words we are speaking.  It is very difficult to hold a phone conversation this way.  Can anything be done with our Voice phone system ? 

11 REPLIES 11
Chris11
Alum

Hi ptlady,

I see this is your first post so welcome to the community. With our new single sign on feature I was able to pull up your account. How long has this been going on? Do you experience this every time you make or receive phone calls? Looking forward to you reply.

Thanks,
Chris 
ptlady

Chris,  The problem with the phone started soon after it was activated -- back in February of this year.  I kept thinking it might clear up.  Yes, it does seem to happen every time we make a call and also when receiving calls.  Sometimes worse than others.  Not sure if it's a satellite problem ?    Thanks for your assistance.   ptlady 

SrMary Clare

Ours does the same thing. People have told us that they cannot hear us. We won't be able to take this, we need to be able to connect with others. 
Chris11
Alum

Hi ptlady,

Thanks for the update. I'm going suggest that you call into our support center at 1-866-347-3292. I have created a case for you to reference on your call. Just remember to give them case#48198833 which has instructions for them on how to handle your concern. If they are not able to find a solution, I have informed them in my case notes to escalate you to the appropriate department and resolve your concerns. I hope this helps, let us know how everything goes. 

Thank you,
Chris
teresakent
Freshman

I, too, am having the same problem, except I can hear everyone fine - they just can't hear me that well.  They say I keep breaking up - like a bad cell connection.  It's very frustrating for both of us.  I tried to call Customer Service yesterday and couldn't get past the Robot - since it only responds to voice responses, guess I was breaking up and it couldn't get my replies.  Some days, no problem.  I'm beginning to think it might be the sattelite is not positioned correctly.  I've sent 2 emails and just get the reply to call Customer Service.  (Sigh).  I really need help with this.  Any ideas?

The last reply from my email gave me a problem # 104486898 - but can't get through the phone to Customer Service.  HELP!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@teresakent

It may be prudent for you to start a new post in the Tech Support section to receive help with your particular issue.  This particular thread is over two years old.  

Thank you

I'm having the same problem.  Has been going on for 4 months now.  Service has been excellent for 4 yrs uptil then.  I've spoke with HughesNet Voice several times to resolve the problem.  Problem has not been fixed to date. 1/9/2018.  Problem is getting worse by the day.

Re: Problems with The Voice Phone System
I, too, am having the same problem, except I can hear everyone fine - they just can't hear me that well.  They say I keep breaking up - like a bad cell connection.  It's very frustrating for both of us.  I tried to call Customer Service yesterday and couldn't get past the Robot - since it only responds to voice responses, guess I was breaking up and it couldn't get my replies.  Some days, no problem.  I'm beginning to think it might be the sattelite is not positioned correctly.  I've sent 2 emails and just get the reply to call Customer Service.  (Sigh).  I really need help with this.  Any ideas?

This is the problem I just replied to in my previous post.  Since I am new, I've got to learn how all this posting works.

1/9/2018

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@trigodnity3

Because this is an old thread it would be best to start a new topic for your issue, which you can do by clicking on the blue "Start a topic" button on the upper right while within the Tech Support section.  Make sure that when you create the post you choose a label, which will be on the right. In this case "Voice" would probably be best, though you can choose more than one if you like.