Hughesnet Community

Problems with Uplink loss. Internet problems.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdayton1
Sophomore

Problems with Uplink loss. Internet problems.

This is another issue added to the list of problems, since I upgraded. This one I have been dealing with for over a week or more. I am having problems with "Uplink" issues.

I tried every thing I could think of before I wasted my time on tech support. I have already talked to support who where rude and dismissive and actually over-talked me and hung up on me (because they couldn't access my modem). I did get through to someone that sent a tech out, which was another waste of time.

I had my modem open so he could see the issues, he states he actually rebooted the system by accident and ran his test. He stated there was no issue and that his phone app would show it. He said he couldn't run it again as per policy. Blamed my issues on the new satellite and his other customers had the same issue. This was yesterday, New Year's Eve. He was here for about 15 minutes and I had no time to even load anything on my computers before he left. 

So here is my no issue so you all can see.
61 REPLIES 61
jdayton1
Sophomore

Here is the last hour, I wasn't on it was just my wife.

And of course this is by the hour.

Think I will hear something today? Do I need to start another post? Anybody working on anything, has it been looked at by anyone else? Am I just wasting time posting this information?
carrie.dib
New Poster

By any chance was your modem left unplugged from power and the coax cable remained plugged in?  
jdayton1
Sophomore

Nope only time it was unplugged is to reset the modem. Coaxial cable has not been unplugged. Nothing in ways of usage (except for much less of it) or equipment has changed since this problem began. 
Liz

Good morning jdayton1,

I've escalated your case to our engineers here at corporate for their input. I'll post back once I have any news to share.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi jdayton1,

Got an update from the engineer. A network adjustment is planned for next Tuesday which should address your concern. Please check back with me after Tuesday to let me know how your system performance is then.

Thank you for your understanding.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

jdayton1
Sophomore

Hello, was this suppose on the previous Tuesday or the upcoming Tuesday. If was the previous I am still having issues. 
Liz

Good morning jdayton,

This was supposed to be last Tuesday, thank you for letting me know of your status. I will verify with the engineer whether the network was adjusted last week and let him know that you have not seen any improvement.

Thanks,
Liz

Liz

Good morning jdayton,

I received confirmation that the network adjustments were made last Tuesday.  So as of today, can you please describe your internet experience? Slow loading webpages? Can't connect to any webpages? Inability to upload large files? Please let us know so we can better focus our efforts.

Thanks,
Liz

jdayton1
Sophomore

Web pages time out. watching videos or downloading them pause or lock up. Flash games wont play. browser games and online games just freeze up. It did get a little better but also when it is prime time and weekends it seems like no point being online. This just started happening before Christmas. It is a totally different internet than before (which I had problems with since day one). I will add more as I talk to my family. I stop using the internet at night because of this, if I didn't my wife wouldn't be able to use it.

Here is the last hour.

Liz

OK thank you for these helpful details. I'm sending this to the engineers.

-Liz

jdayton1
Sophomore

Evening, I even had problems loading your website without it timing out. Here is an interesting screenshot for the last hour. My wife was on playing a browser game.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Years ago, when I still had my DW7000 modem, I had an uplink problem and it turned out that the radio was going.  A tech came out and replaced it.  I have no clue what's going on with your system, but I have no doubt that it's very frustrating.  I hope they figure it out for you soon.  
jdayton1
Sophomore

Thanks, I've been hoping it would have been fixed by now. I have been trying not to post as I have been getting so mad that my family or I cannot use the internet like we used to. Having to get off the computer so others can use can use it, really just makes everyone upset. 
Liz

Hi jdayton,

The engineer reported that network performance show improvements (peak as well as non-peak hours) since the latest change, and there is nothing specific to your site that should be causing the lack of performance that he is describing here like Flash games which are browser dependent than anything else.

How has performance been this past week?

-Liz

jdayton1
Sophomore

Hello Liz,

I kept meaning to write before Friday to let you know that what ever they did my internet went back to the way it was before this issue, then Friday night rolled around and i had the same issues. The weekend was so bad again I only used it in the morning and left it for my wife to use. I am hoping it is better today, as maybe it was the weather (had passing clouds nothing serious) or maybe everyone that had hughesnet used it all at once. Last week it worked great during rain and clouds and everything.

Thank you for continuing to monitor my problem, techs would have already closed my case by now and made me open another one. 

I will let you know how it is doing this week. Hopefully the new satellite will fix all issues, if they release it soon.

Thanks again.
Liz

Good morning jdayton,

Thank you for the details on your performance, I will let the engineers know per their request. I'll keep you updated. Thanks for sticking with me as we address your concerns.

-Liz

jdayton1
Sophomore

Just a heads up. Still horrible tonight. I tried resetting my modem and router (my wife asked me to) and there was no difference. It has been a perfectly clear day and still having uplink and tcp issues.

Thank you and hopefully something happens soon again.
jdayton1
Sophomore

Another day of crappy internet. Hopefully they fix this as I couldn't even do anything last night. Paying for something not working still (which I have been doing since I upgraded to gen4 over 2 years ago). How does it work for a week or so, then go back to not working again. The weather has been beautiful so there is no problem there. Just getting tired of this. Thanks.
Liz

Hi jdayton,

I'm sorry to hear this. The engineer will do some additional testing on your terminal. I'll post back once I have any news to share.

-Liz

Liz

Hi jdayton,

OK, so the engineer has done extensive testing and has not seen anything out of sorts with your terminal, and no diagnostic errors as of late. At least from the modem onward to the internet, you're getting plan speeds with no issues at all. He also tested a test terminal in your beam as far as visiting a sampling of different websites, and all load fine with no timing out. In other words, he's unable to reproduce your experience.

So let's try to narrow our focus the next time you are unsatisfied with the system performance, and do these steps:

1. Directly connect your computer to the HughesNet modem.

2. Re-attempt whatever you were trying to do in the first place.

3. Let us know of the details:
-What website were you trying to access (please give URL)?
-What were you trying to do?
-Were you successful while directly connected to the HughesNet modem?
-What time did this happen?

4. If you refer to any specific error, such as uplink or tcp related errors, please take a screenshot of it to post here for our reference.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

jdayton1
Sophomore

These are some codes from today. The weather is beautiful, clear and in the 60's.