cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Uplink loss. Internet problems.

Liz

Re: Problems with Uplink loss. Internet problems.

Hi jdayton,

OK, so the engineer has done extensive testing and has not seen anything out of sorts with your terminal, and no diagnostic errors as of late. At least from the modem onward to the internet, you're getting plan speeds with no issues at all. He also tested a test terminal in your beam as far as visiting a sampling of different websites, and all load fine with no timing out. In other words, he's unable to reproduce your experience.

So let's try to narrow our focus the next time you are unsatisfied with the system performance, and do these steps:

1. Directly connect your computer to the HughesNet modem.

2. Re-attempt whatever you were trying to do in the first place.

3. Let us know of the details:
-What website were you trying to access (please give URL)?
-What were you trying to do?
-Were you successful while directly connected to the HughesNet modem?
-What time did this happen?

4. If you refer to any specific error, such as uplink or tcp related errors, please take a screenshot of it to post here for our reference.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

jdayton1
Sophomore

These are some codes from today. The weather is beautiful, clear and in the 60's.

Liz

Good morning jdayton1,

Thanks for posting, from this last post I got #4 and the URL of the site you were trying to access when you encountered that error. Do you also have the other requested details?

1. Directly connect your computer to the HughesNet modem.

2. Re-attempt whatever you were trying to do in the first place.

3. Let us know of the details:
-What website were you trying to access (please give URL)?
-What were you trying to do?
-Were you successful while directly connected to the HughesNet modem?
-What time did this happen?

4. If you refer to any specific error, such as uplink or tcp related errors, please take a screenshot of it to post here for our reference.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

jdayton1
Sophomore

I can barely connect at all to any site today. I will do this all again today.

jdayton1
Sophomore

Directly connected. Same results. Happened just now.

Liz

Thanks for providing the requested info, I'll send this to the engineer.

-Liz

Liz

I sent up the info to the engineer. After discussing your case with Amanda, she suggested you try plugging the HughesNet modem directly into the wall outlet to bypass your surge protector, if you're using one. Please let me know if you notice any significant difference when browsing while plugged into the wall outlet.

Thanks,
Liz

Liz

After discussing your case with the engineer, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. The tech should replace your coaxial cable and radio. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for the earliest available slot: tomorrow, Saturday Feb 25, 2017 between 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #102833866 if you need to reschedule. 

Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Thanks, 
Liz

jdayton1
Sophomore

I will be here tomorrow. Thank you.
jdayton1
Sophomore

Hello, Sorry it has taken a few extra days to get back to you. I have been to sick and didn't want to deal with it.

The tech came last Saturday, he replaced the line from the sat dish to the new grounding block (which is not currently grounded, cut wire) as he said it was bad. He replaced the transmitter and the modem. He did not replace the line to the house as he said it was good and a waste of time and money (understandable). He turned on the modem and was done.

The days after where thunderstorms and rain, so I did not want to give any results from that.

I appreciate you sending someone here, but the problem is still here.

I asked my wife to list the sites she was having issues with. She started at cooking sites to any searches to all surfing in general. 

Basically I was told to get Gen5 and that would fix my issues. I was told that the issues where from the new sat (from the tech) that lots of his customers where having uplink issues since Dec. I don;t know about that, but my internet sure has changed since December.

I will add more later when I feel better or when I can think or need to answer any questions.

Thank you.