cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Uplink loss. Internet problems.

Liz

Re: Problems with Uplink loss. Internet problems.

Good morning,

No worries about the delay, I'm sorry to hear you're sick, please take care. Whenever you're able and have a chance, please check whether the coax is connected securely to the modem and let me know so I can run new diagnostics.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

jdayton1
Sophomore

Hello, I just checked it and the cable was loose. I have not touched anything since the installer came.
Liz

Thanks for checking, can you please tighten the connector on the modem for that coax so it's no longer loose? Once tightened, please let me know so I can run new diagnostics.

Looking forward to hearing back.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

jdayton1
Sophomore

I did tighten it earlier. sorry i thought i mentioned it earlier.
Liz

Thank you. So your diagnostics look good. If you or your wife are having issues at this point, please provide us more detail, like before, about these issues:

-What website were you trying to access (please give URL)?
-What were you trying to do?
-What time did this happen?
-Were you successful while directly connected to the HughesNet modem?

If you haven't re-attempted what you were trying to do while directly connected:

1. Directly connect your computer to the HughesNet modem.

2. Re-attempt whatever you were trying to do in the first place.

If you refer to any specific error you're seeing at the same time, such as uplink or tcp related errors, please take a screenshot of it to post here for our reference.

Thank you,
Liz

jdayton1
Sophomore

I have been trying to use it tonight. 

Trying to access your sites.

Trying to figure out new site took forever trying to reload pages.

Edit : Also notice TCP Acceleration is bad, this is often there also. Which I thought would have been relted to the uplink issue.

Liz

Hi jdayton1,

Thanks for the update. Did you try accessing the community while directly logged into the HughesNet modem last night, too? If so, was there any difference?

jdayton1
Sophomore

I don't remember what I did. Sorry, will have to redo it later.

Just so you know, I used it at night (along with my wife) in the middle of the night. It was after 1 am and there where no problems until about mid-morning. It ran just like it use to durning the day. No problems what so ever until later in the morning like I stated.

jdayton1
Sophomore

Hello,

I see that the new satellite is available today. Of course the site doesn't work for me. Will this new service fix my issues (as the tech said) and are their plans that are equal or better to my current plan (as in data and price). I will change today if this will fix my problems.

Thanks.

Liz

Hi jdayton1,

You should be able to call us at 866.347.3292 to upgrade to Gen 5. An agent will have all the details regarding the plans and prices available to you.