Profile icons

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Profile icons

When I go to the community at communty.hughesnet.com, I don't see my profile icon, even when I'm logged in. There is a just a big empty space between the announcements and the messages icons:

noprofileicon.PNG

If I go inside a topic, then I see my icon.

profileicon.PNG

Why is that?  I've tried this on Firefox, Edge, and Chrome, and on a Mac, a Chromebook, a Linux Mint machine, and a Windows 10 machine.  Same all the time. Is there a setting I need to change?

ETA: It's not a big deal (just a minor inconvenience), but I'm curious.

5 REPLIES 5
GabeU

It's not just you.  I noticed this, too.  When signed into the homepage, there's no icon, but if you are actually in the "Hughesnet Support Community", the icon is there.  It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Though, like you said, it's really not that big of a deal, just more of a curiosity.  It's the same with any browser and I haven't been able to find a setting to change it.   

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

maratsade

Thank you, Gabe! I spent a long time looking for a setting that I could change and found nothing. Glad it wasn't just me. LOL.  The big expanse of white space between the two icons is odd -- makes me think the profile icon is missing from there and should be there. 

Just a matter of how deep you are into the menu tree.

First level:

Community 1 snip.PNG

No user icon

Level 2: HughesNet Support Community

Community 2 snip.PNG

Can see user icon

Level 3: One of the six sub-categories.

Community 3 snip.PNG

GabeU

That's true, as was shown in my reply pictures, but it just seems sort of strange that the icon wouldn't be on the home page.  

Still, with regard to things that need to be looked at, or even fixed, this is definitely lower on the list as it's more of a small annoyance than a real problem.   Still, though, it's worth mentioning.  

maratsade

"No user icon"

But such a big expanse of white.  I would like something there. Like the icon, or a mini TV screen. 🙂

I did notice the changes depending on what part of the menu the user is, but it still seems off to me that the icon is missing.  And ditto everything Gabe said.