cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promise’s, promises. 2 year contract.

New Poster

Promise’s, promises. 2 year contract.

I have yet to have a conversation with a HughesNet representative that hasn’t been chaotic. I looked up internet companies yesterday on my phone. I called a number and inquired about satellite service. The person on the other end went through her sales training speech. I asked about the cost. She gave me a price. Ok so far. I then asked her about going over my allotted Gigabytes. She said, “Don’t worry. We won’t penalize you or throttle you down.” I asked her 3 or 4 more times if she was sure about that. She repeated. “You will not be throttled down or penalized.”
I told her to sign me up. Even after I gave her all my info including my credit card info, I asked her again. Are you sure that I won’t be throttled down or have my service interrupted? She told me once again “No.”
After installation that was done the next day, I called HughesNet more than once. I finally spoke to Steven who is a Supervisor. Steven told me that he was not going to honor what I had agreed to the day before. I asked about how was he going to compensate me. He offered me 20Gigs for the price of 10Gigs for 3 months. I told him that my contract was for 2 years and his offer wasn’t good enough. I told him to have someone with more juice call me back. I don’t appreciate that I have had so many problems in less than 24 hours with HughesNet. I really agreed to the initial terms in good faith. I also understand that all recordings are kept for 6 months. The recording of my conversation should be reviewed. I hope that they contact me soon.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Professor

Re: Promise’s, promises. 2 year contract.

How long have you had the service? Are you running out of data?  

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@el_callejero wrote:
I have yet to have a conversation with a HughesNet representative that hasn’t been chaotic. I looked up internet companies yesterday on my phone. I called a number and inquired about satellite service. The person on the other end went through her sales training speech. I asked about the cost. She gave me a price. Ok so far. I then asked her about going over my allotted Gigabytes. She said, “Don’t worry. We won’t penalize you or throttle you down.” I asked her 3 or 4 more times if she was sure about that. She repeated. “You will not be throttled down or penalized.”
I told her to sign me up. Even after I gave her all my info including my credit card info, I asked her again. Are you sure that I won’t be throttled down or have my service interrupted? She told me once again “No.”
After installation that was done the next day, I called HughesNet more than once. I finally spoke to Steven who is a Supervisor. Steven told me that he was not going to honor what I had agreed to the day before. I asked about how was he going to compensate me. He offered me 20Gigs for the price of 10Gigs for 3 months. I told him that my contract was for 2 years and his offer wasn’t good enough. I told him to have someone with more juice call me back. I don’t appreciate that I have had so many problems in less than 24 hours with HughesNet. I really agreed to the initial terms in good faith. I also understand that all recordings are kept for 6 months. The recording of my conversation should be reviewed. I hope that they contact me soon.

@el_callejero wrote:
............................................ She gave me a price. Ok so far. I then asked her about going over my allotted Gigabytes. She said, “Don’t worry. We won’t penalize you or throttle you down.” I asked her 3 or 4 more times if she was sure about that. She repeated. “You will not be throttled down or penalized.”

Sounds to me like Hughes needs to rein in some of their sales people, since posts like yours seem to be more and more common here.  They should review your sales call, and if she did lie, release you from the contract.

Let us know what happens.

"SALESMAN n. A certain kind of liar, whose lies are often by exaggeration or omission."

The New Devils Dictionary ( With apologies to Ambrose Bierce )

Highlighted

Hello Fernando,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I am very sorry to hear this. Please see your private messages for further assistance.

Thanks,

Felicia