Hughesnet Community

Promotion has expired; now being throttled?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loveoldtrux
Sophomore

Promotion has expired; now being throttled?

HI gang,

Recently recieved this from Hughesnet:

"Dear Mark,

Thank you for being a HughesNet customer. We wanted to let you know that your HughesNet Gen5 20GB Next Plan Up promotional offer will expire on April 29, 2018. Your service plan price will increase to $89.99.  No action is required, but you have options if you would like to adjust your plan:
View Your Options
You can view your account details at any time at myHughesNet.com or on the HughesNet Mobile App. If you elect to change your service plan now, you will continue to receive the Next Plan Up promotional credit until your 12 month promotional period has completed. In month 13, you will pay the standard monthly fee for your plan.
We hope you are enjoying your HughesNet service."

Well, that was sort of "interesting"; I didn't know I was on any special promotional offer - I was under the impression you pay the money you get the data.  Since this promotion has expired I've noticed a lot of speed problems; it's quite obvious I'm NOT getting the data throughput I used to get (look at my previous posts - you'll see where I was constantly have to pay for additional tokens.  My download throughput used to be at LEAST 1 GB per hour - it's now quite less --> I've been monitoring it due to the problems I've been having; see image below; it now takes about 1 1/2 hours to download 1 gb)

slow.JPG

I don't know what a promotional offer would give me to enable me to dl 1 gb per hour and then snatch it away after it ended, but it's a definite throttle.  I usually log on to Hughesnet at 4:30 AM and do my slots, so unlimited throughput should be available.

Has anybody else experienced this after their "promotional offer" has expired?  Any idea what this "promotional offer" is / was?...

Thanks for the read,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"Has anybody else experienced this after their "promotional offer" has expired?  Any idea what this "promotional offer" is / was?..."

I had a promotional offer, and when it ended, nothing changed except the monthly fee went up.  

There is likely something else going on with your system that coincided with the expiration of your promotional offer. 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14