Question About Swapping A HughesNet Voice Adapter

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Question About Swapping A HughesNet Voice Adapter

One of my customers is bringing in her HughesNet Voice adapter and telephone tomorrow (Thursday, Jan 12) so we can test them in our office. The adapter lights up correctly but she does not have any dial tone, and incoming calls are being blocked.

She tried to troubleshoot this for over an hour with HN Tech Support but they could not seem to help her. Assuming she has a bad ATA, I'm checking to see if we can switch it out here with one of our other ATA's in stock?

If so, would we work through HughesNet TS or Big River Telephone TS to effect the swap?

El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
23 REPLIES 23
gokartergo24
Tutor

You have to call tech support. They will call Big River and remove the mac address of the old ATA. Then give them the mac address of the new one and they can put that in..  HNS is supposed to handle the swaps.. Not us.  But another tech had this problem.. I helped him out on this..
Amanda

Hello,

I will check with Liz, she is our Voice expert here. From what I remember, Voice support at the HughesNet customer support number will be able to have a replacement shipped out. However, I think we should have an engineer look at the system first. Can you e-mail the SAN to communitysupport@hughes.com?

Thanks
Amanda
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Done.
Amanda

Check your e-mail 🙂
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Got it. Sent the info by Email. 
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Tested Customer's Cisco ATA here. Definitely not working. Blinking Green TEL-1 light never goes solid.

S/N CCQ194500N1
MAC: AC 7E 8A 59 64 5E
Amanda

Hi 

Is this the SN and MAC for the current ATA or the innomedia you are installing?

Amanda
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

That is the current Cisco ATA, the one that's not working:

S/N CCQ194500N1
MAC: AC 7E 8A 59 64 5E

The new Innomedia ATA is (also sent by Email):

S/N 631165007032

MAC 00 10 99 33 B2 F8

Amanda

Thank you. I will send you the schedule for availability we have through our dispatch creation if you can give me the best date/time from that chart to make the order. Once we've done that I can put in a ticket for the updated MAC
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

OK. Customer is gone for a couple of days but should be back by next Tuesday or Wednesday.
Amanda

Hey Alan

I see from your email you said you've already got the new ATA connected. Is it currently hooked up at the customers site? If so that makes it easier 

Amanda
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Not yet. I'll need to wait until she returns.
Amanda

Okay, thanks. Unfortunately I really don't have much time left today to make an FSO, but I will pull up your schedule on our side first thing Monday morning. 

Amanda
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

That's OK, it can wait.
Amanda

Hi Alan

There was no available schedule not sure if it 's because you're booked or it did not generate. The order has been made already, so the visit date will be up to what you and the customer agree on. I am submitting a ticket with BRT to change the registered MAC and SN.

Thanks
Amanda
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Hi Amanda, Since we're a pure DDO and we don't do fulfillment (one of the few), we don't have an Install Schedule calendar. Can you, however, generate an FSO and assign it to us? I know that HN CS and TS can (D69906). We don't have a way to generate a dealer-initiated truck roll on a dead ATA.
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

We can then schedule the FSO.
Amanda

Hi Alan

BRT has updated the MAC/Serial already and is ready for the new one to be registered. The FSO has already been assigned to you 🙂 You should be all set up to head out when you can and install the new ATA.

Thanks
Amanda
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

OK, Got it, thanks.

Waiting to hear back from the customer 🙂
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Hi There we have had the new ATA connected over a day and it has not activated.

All lights are lit except the phone light.

I also tried re registering the device's MAC online but it states that the device has already been activated.

Does someone need to send a manual "hit?"