cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the status meter

Re: Question about the status meter

I think the position M$ took regarding Windows 10 did more harm than good. I don't like the way they are trying to force it on people. As the OS goes, it's the first time I've actually liked a new M$ OS

I just thought, I have to go check the laptop to see if I have the same problem there. It's running Windows 10 but has a different AV. Have to check and see if the Status Meter is working properly there.

We can rule out Windows 10. I know BirdDog would have loved me to say it was a Windows problem but the other Windows 10 machine does not have this problem and it has all the same upgrades as my desktop

Now I will have to see what is on my desk top that isn't on the lap top.

It's not a big deal as I can get into the status meter there just isn't the icon to make it simple. What is irritating is not knowing what did it and why.
Assistant Professor

Seriously I don't care about it being a 10 issue, seriously. I'm entitled to my opinion about not liking 10 and not moving to it as much as you're entitled to yours and pushing it here. No?

Hope you figure out the problem.
Highlighted

Come on BirdDog I was just yankin' your chain. Of course you're entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong.... ;-)

Come on, admit it, it would warm your hackles if it was a Windows problem, be honest.

I don't mean to sound like I'm pushing 10, I happen to like it and there are those that won't. I didn't like XP, hated it with a passion,  wasn't happy with anything after 98. I think they may have hit on something with 10, that's my opinion and you're welcome to it.. LOL

You know I respect your opinion, your long winded response and I will fight to the death to defend your right to be wrong... JK

The only thing that would be worse than the situation I have now would be for it to fix itself and I have no idea what caused it. I hate not having a definable resolution to a problem on the computer

Snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more?
Assistant Professor

Actually 8.1 Pro. Really, really does tick me off M$ is pushing that GWX 10 update every month. I have to click on the more info link for every update to see which one it is then hide it. They're being way too aggressive IMO and that alone turns me off. I pay for an OS to be MY OS and not be intrusive. 

The whole telemetry monitoring, no real control with updates, peer to peer sharing updates, cloud crap, etc. is simply beyond what I want from an OS. I want it to boot my computer and make it usable with a decent GUI, that's pretty much it. Let me add what I want when I want. I'm quite old school it seems.

And yes, I know there are ways to shut some of it off but should not have to. Done with rant. Too many words?
Honorary Alumnus

BirdDog, I agree. No Win10 for me.
Test drive has been wiped and reused.

I understand BirdDog and agree, the way they went about it was all wrong, They have announced that the GWX 10 update is going to stop... go figure, the free Windows 10 offer is over on June 29th

In some ways I think it backfired on M$, might have been better off to leave it up to the consumer rather then forcing it down their throats.
Distinguished Professor IV

I keep the update on my folks' W8.1 laptop set to notify, but not download.  It keeps them from dealing with this.  That icon is a bit annoying, though.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

There is GWX Control Panel, I have it, it is safe. Added protection against Microsoft created GWX malware: http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/