cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the status meter

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Question about the status meter

Ah.  Thank you.  I didn't know that was available.  Perhaps when I get their computer over here to do the next update I will install that. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

Mysterious problem solved, sort of....

Something decided to turn the icons for my UPS and the Status Meter into hidden icons. Don't know what did it but as usual it is the simplest thing. Bitdefender popping up was a coincidence I guess.

This might be something for those that say it isn't loaded to consider. Could be it is just hidden
Honorary Alumnus

Another Win "update" that sets everything back to square one ?

There in is the difference between "my computer" and the new MS philosophy of "Our computer".

There in is the difference between "my computer" and the new MS philosophy of "Our computer".
Agreed, BUT there is no proof that this was a Windows Update. My other Windows 10 machine did not have this happen. The only difference between the 2 machines is the AV program.

Don't know how or why Bitdefender did this, but I have a different AV on the laptop. The OS is identical save a few tweaks due to user preference.

But I do agree if your observation.
Honorary Alumnus

Computers are strange devices.

I too have loaded the same "image" on two different drives, loaded the drives into the same computer ....I believe in Gremlins !
DUCK ! we are going to see BirdDog's Gremlin pic !
Assistant Professor

Every Windows computer is different hardware wise and software wise in reality. MS throwing out 10 updates to the test monkeys is guaranteed to cause problems for a few whose configuration is not the "norm".

Honorary Alumnus

Ain't she sweet ?

Very true and could account for why my desktop was affected and not the laptop.

Given that, it could very well have been a Windows 10 issue

MY EYES, I'M BLIND!!!!!!

WHERE DID YOU GET PICTURES OF MY FIRST WIFE?????
Assistant Professor

Hey, she's mine, your ex or not!