cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for Amanda regarding router mentioned in previous thread....

Distinguished Professor IV

Question for Amanda regarding router mentioned in previous thread....

Amanda,

In the thread below, you offered to send Linda a D-Link router.  I looked up the model number you gave and it looks very nice.  I was just curious if there is a Hughesnet web page for them and how much they are.  I have a Netgear router right now and it works okay, but it's getting a little dodgy, dropping the signal once in a while, and its range has diminished over time.  If figured with this being one that you are sending to Linda, they have probably been tested with Hughesnet and work well with it.  Thanks for the help.   

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/poor-tech-support-or-company-is-bad-for-the-price 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Question for Amanda regarding router mentioned in previous thread....

Hello Gabe

We don't currently have a page set up to order them as the program is still pretty fairly new. Right now the only real way to get one is to buy it at the point of sale (our installers will install it too!). These D-link routers have actually been more than tested, we've been told they are configured somewhat like our voice ATAs from Cisco, where they are optimized for our service. We haven't had a chance to see these on a large scale but the feedback has been great when given to customers who had connection problems in the past. I'd be happy to send you a free one if you could give a little feedback on it that I can send to our management? Let me know!

Thanks,
Amanda

Wow!  That would be fantastic.  I would be happy to provide feedback and be a router guinea pig, so to speak.  LOL.  Please let me know what info you need from me in order to send it.  I really do appreciate this.  I owe you one. 

The shipping address is the same as the billing address on my account, being...

I REALLY appreciate this. Will there be some type of method described as to how, when and what type of feedback you would need?  I'd like to do everything I can for the consideration. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi Gabe

Thanks for the info.We want a real user perspective on this, I can ask in more detail on Monday with our consumer services group what kind of targeted questions we want answered. Right now I am having an issue getting the order done because the option isn't coming up in your account... I had someone else do it for me while I was typing Smiley Happy

He let me know it will take about 4-5 business days to get there, so we should have time to experiment with you and test things out before it gets there. Have a wonderful weekend!

Thanks
Amanda

You, too.  Thank you so much.   

Amanda,

Do you know how the router is shipped?  The reason I ask is that I was curious if I need to be here to sign for it. 

Hi Gabe

The routers are shipped via standard UPS. I think they'll leave it somewhere (like a doorstep) if you're not there to answer the door.

Thanks
Amanda

Ah, okay.  I have a place that UPS leaves things if I'm not home.  I appreciate the help.  Thanks again. 

Also, is there a place where I can input the order number to get the tracking number so I can get an idea of when to look for it?  Sorry to be such a pain. 

Amanda,

I know you won't be on until tomorrow, but there's a question I had regarding the testing of the device and such.  One thing I'm a little nervous about is if they will require me to connect my DirecTV receiver to it.  I ask only because I did it once before when I had my old legacy plan.  I was just testing to see if it would connect, which it did, but I didn't realize that my DirecTV receiver was now thinking I was connected permanently and changed a bunch of things automatically.  When I turned the connection off in the DTV receiver, the things that had changed didn't go back to what they had been.  I called DTV and was on the phone for almost an hour, only to discover that they couldn't change it back, either.  The only possible way to have it the way it was before was to do a total reset to factory settings, which I ended up doing, but I lost everything on my DVR.  It was really annoying.  I was just hoping that I wouldn't have to go through this again. 

I will, of course, do any testing that they want me to, including connecting my cell phone if they would like, but I just hope I don't have to do anything with my DirecTV receiver, as I don't want to lose everything again when the connection is ended.

Thanks again.

BTW, I don't know if you saw it above because I edited it afterward to ask the question, but I was wondering if there was any possible way I might be able to somehow get the tracking information, whether by entering the order number on a site (I got the email from Hughesnet regarding the order) or just asking for it like this, or even calling.  It's not that I'm anxious, it's just so that I can keep an eye out for it the day it's scheduled to come, or if I'm going to be gone for the day I can let my neighbor (my folks) know that it's coming so if they see that it did, they could grab it for me so it doesn't get stolen or rained on or such.  I've never had a delivery stolen, and they usually put the package in a bag if it looks rainy, but I just like to be safe when I can.  Thanks.    

Hi Gabe
Since this system is still fairly new, they aren't posting tracking numbers with the router orders. I do know that our replacement modem orders generate a tracking number, though (for future reference). I'm really sorry about that.

I'm actually still waiting on someone who is supposed to send me some questions they wanted feedback on with the router testing... Let me touch base with them today and get this finished up before your router arrives. We won't need you to connect your DTV box to the router, though, so hopefully that is happy news! I'll come back later today to give you an update.

Thanks
Amanda