cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on usage meter and data resetting during first 20 days

Highlighted
Sophomore

Question on usage meter and data resetting during first 20 days

Hey everyone, new user, only on day 3.  But was just curious about the usage tab under My Acount.  I've been checking it out of curiousity after my first day (and it was reset in the morning) and it seems to almost constantly reset, and never really rack up much data usage, even today after I know I streamed maybe 3 or more Gb's of HD video.  Just wondering if thats how it's supposed to work?  I.E. at the end of the day it won't say I've used 2 or 3 Gb or whatever of my monthly allowance, it seems to alwys be 50Mb or 125Mb or some small number like that.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Question on usage meter and data resetting during first 20 days

Has a new customer. The data will reset everyday for the first 20 days. They allow you to get all your computers and tablets and phones all up to date..

Distinguished Professor IV

@timandjodi

During your first twenty days of service your data allowance is constantly reset.  This is done as a courtesy to allow new users to update or upgrade their devices without it affecting what would be their normal data amount.  Sometimes new users might have an older device that needs considerable updating, so they do these resets to make sure they wouldn't run out of data right off the bat becaue of needing to do those updates.  

Enjoy the data!   

Edit:  gokartergo24 beat me to it.  Smiley Tongue

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

Thanks, I understood the resets....I just thought it was a once a day/overnight reset thing.  But as you said GabeU it seems to be almost a constant reseting as you go.

Distinguished Professor IV

@timandjodi wrote:

Thanks, I understood the resets....I just thought it was a once a day/overnight reset thing.  But as you said GabeU it seems to be almost a constant reseting as you go. 

With Gen4 it was once every 24 hours, doing so at night, which I received when I upgraded to Gen4, from my legacy plan, in Feb 2016.  I didn't get the resets when upgrading from Gen4 to Gen5 due to still being on the Jupiter service (Jupiter being the name of the service both Gen4 and Gen5 utilize), so I didn't know it was constantly resetting for new Gen5 users, rather than once a day, until fairly recently.    

I think I would end up going on a streaming spree with twenty days of constant resets with Gen5.  Or maybe even download something REALLY large, just because I could.  LOL.  Smiley Tongue  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

Hah.....I was looking through Amazon Prime Video yesterday looking for something to watch....all I want to watch is The Grand Tour!

I was scouring through Xbox live for the same thing...... maybe I'll find something worthwhile