cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Bonus Bites - and why they are miss represente.

Question regarding Bonus Bites - and why they are miss represente.

We are a family that was used to unlimited data. Moving to a new house just outside city did not think about internet situation when I signed the lease. When I went to set up my internet found this was the only one available. I have been lied to several times in dealing with Hughes Net.  (1) person told me that we could get a set price of $49.99 a, month for two years, I called in to set up its much more than that. (2) Where told we would receive 60 GB to use anytime. – Now is divided into two periods and  NO ONE SAID 50 WHERE DURING TIMES YOU SLEEP. The first time I heard anything about it being separated was when I the technician set it up and said it was 10 during day and 50 at evening hours, we all assumed evening in like 7pm -8am not the hours every one sleeps 2AM till 8 AM.

Hughes net is wrong dealing with people like this. LYING. They know they have you over an barrel and instead of making them a better company they just seem to just rack you over the coals the pricing is why too high for ten an when you have 5 people on the internet even just checking emails and Facebook 10 is still not enough.

If there were only a few people being told this it would be one thing. But if you look through these pages you see a different story.

Oh please don't offer to have early termination free that I can just cancel for the lady lying, because I need my internet and you are my only option. IF this can be early termination and as soon as someone puts regular internet in our  area I can take advantage of this. Then that can be put on our agreement. Honestly I think your prices need to be drastically priced down for what you actually receive here. – If I was getting what I was promised it would be a different story.

8 REPLIES 8
Alum

Re: Question regarding Bonus Bites - and why they are miss represente.

Hi colabell,

Welcome to the community! We are sorry of your experience with us this far. What we'll do is request that your sales call be reviewed. If our agent was misleading in the way he/she portrayed we'll see what we can do for you. Once we have more information we will post back with an update. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we help to address your concerns.

Thank you,
Chris

You have had six days to look into this - I would like to see what you found
Alum

Hi colabell,

Sorry for the delay. I have sent out the request I am still waiting for a response. Don't worry I will make sure you are taken care of. 

Thank you,
Chris
Alum

Hi colabell,

Thank for your patience We received your sales call review and have an update. Here is the excerpt from our call center.

"After reviewing the call, I found that the agent does not make any reference to the customer having 60 GB of data.   They state during the pitch that they would receive 10 GB of anytime allowance, and does not mention the bonus bytes.  The customer never asks how much data they are receiving in the plan.  They did ask about the concept of the data allowance, and the agent was clear that the service would slow down once the allowance was reached, but would still have access to the internet.  The customer did not ask any further questions about data and was satisfied with the agents response."

From these results we do not see a clear sign that you were deceived by our agent. This agent actually left out the bonus bytes all together which was wrong on his part. So in that sense we would have liked him to be more clear. I understand that you have 5 users and your current plan does not seem to be meeting the needs of the household. What I would like to offer you is a discount on our next plan up. I would price match your current rate and you would have an added 5 GB per month to use. This increase would still need for you to better manage your allowance and whenever you do run out of bandwidth you can always purchase additional tokens. Let me know if this is something that you would like to do and I can begin the process.

Thank you,
Chris

Chris

I don't know which time you listened to - because I called several times, but I take notes on each call. I was told 60 not 10. I will take advantage of your price matching for the next plan up.  What are the tokens? What do they Give? and What do they cost?. The only problem I have with this is that the price is so high as it is. I would love to see what the cost to run this company is vs what we get charged and see what the % of profit is. (Bookkeeper love to know figures). 

I guess next time I will check on my internet before moving into a place.

Thanks

Kelly
Alum

Hi colabell,

The recording's we keep and are able to look back on when it comes to sales are the calls where a sale was actually made. Calls for inquiries are not saved in our archive. 

What are Restore Tokens?
  • Restore Tokens allow customers to refresh their monthly data (Gen4) or daily download (Gen3) allowance if they have exceeded it.
  • Restore Tokens allow customers to generate additional bandwidth on demand anytime it is needed.
  • The Restore Tokens allow customers to reset their download threshold themselves by using a complimentary token (if available), using a pre-paid token (if any available) or purchasing one or bundled tokens (at a discounted price).
If you have already registered to the customer support center you should see this.

Using Restore Tokens

Restore Tokens can be used several different ways:

• Support Center - the customer can simply click Use once they are on reduced speeds. 

• Status Meter - if available, Restore Tokens are automatically applied as soon as the customer is on reduced speeds.
  • IVR system(calling in for support) - an option will be presented to the customer to purchase tokens and apply it.
I will go ahead and make the changes to your account. I will post back once everything has been updated.

Thank you,
Chris
Alum

Hi colabell,

I have upgraded your account with what we discussed. You should see the changes made pretty quickly. I was able to add an additional discount so your bill should be about $10 cheaper for the next 12 months. I hope this is to your satisfaction. If you have anymore questions or concerns feel free to let me know.

Thank you,
Chris
Alum

Hi colabell,

Hope all is well. I'll be closing this thread. If you have anymore questions or concerns. Feel free to create a new post.

Thank you,
Chris