Hughesnet Community

RELAXED PERIOD: They could of warned me?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CWM030
Sophomore

RELAXED PERIOD: They could of warned me?

I posted about a week ago at :

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Useage-Meter-broken/m-p/129484#M86903

That my useage meter was broken.. It turns out it wasn't I was in a relaxed period where I had unlimted data and was able to upgrade my computer and phones and get everything ready to be on HN. 

I just looked and I am down to 94% data left. I was not told how long the relaxed period would last. I thought it would last until the end of my billing cycle on the Dec 13th?

What happened to the relaxed period? How come I wasnt told it only would last a week / week 1/2?

Thanks 

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"I was not told how long the relaxed period would last."

20 days.

EDIT: i believe this information is included in your welcome email. 

MarkJFine
Professor

It lasts 20 days. If your cycle is over on the 13th, that sounds about right.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@CWM030 

In my reply about the relaxed bandwidth period being responsible for the Usage Meter discrepancy I explained that said period is for your first twenty days of service.

"If you're still in your first twenty days of service your data allotment is being refilled.  These initial twenty days are known as the "relaxed bandwidth period."  After these twenty days your data will start being drawn down from your allotment in the normal manner."

In your reply...

"ahhh.. Yes, I am within the 20 days. I just got service a week ago I believe."

Oops, I should of reread that post. My bad!