RTMP protocol issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gamby
New Poster

RTMP protocol issue

I don't even know where to begin. I teach from home and the program was working fine for a couple of days then I received this error. 

Any help on how to resolve this issue would be fantastic as I'm now searching for another job as I may be let go soon as I cannot teach anymore with this issue. 

RTMP.png

3 REPLIES 3
MarkJFine
Professor

There's only one port that's being blocked and RTMP isn't it. It's possible that it's just not finding the correct server due to a corrupted DNS. Try this in the following order:
1. Log off and shut down your computer.

2. Remove the power from the modem from the wall socket.

3. After a full minute, re-apply power to the modem by plugging it back in.

4. After a minute following that, restart your computer.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Liz

Good morning Gamby,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We don't do anything to the RTMP. If possible, can you see if the program works via a non-HughesNet connection?

Please tell me more about what you're experiencing, and correct me if I'm wrong; here's what I understand is happening:

You're using a teaching program that needs to connect online. -- Is this a browser based application? Or is the program something installed on your machine?

This program worked for a couple days over the HughesNet connection until today. -- Do you recall any other changes to your network/system two days ago? Did the program itself have any updates lately?

Please also try MarkJFine's suggestion and let us know if that helped. Otherwise, the diagnostics I ran on your HughesNet equipment shows it working well and without anything unusual happening.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Amanda

Hi Gamby,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thank you,

Amanda