Ok, I posted about this on a similar thread, just a couple of days ago, and that thread has been deleted.
Every data cycle, we start off doing just fine. Our data depletes by about 2-3 GB during the first half of the cycle. Then, during the second half of the cycle, the data just DRAINS. Nothing changes in our usage from the first half of the cycle to the second half.
This has been going on for several months.
To answer some questions I've seen asked of others...
1) Wifi is never left on on any of the devices that we own that use it. (This would be a number of tablets...all of which have their wifi turned off unless I, specifically, turn it on...only mom knows the password).
2) Our phones' wifi is turned off (occasionally they are turned on, within range of our Hughesnet modem, but they are never left on, and we do not update under our own Wifi...that's what the YMCA wifi is for).
3) We are not experiencing data stealing. Our neighbors are old order Mennonite. They do not have devices that use wifi. Plus, we are password protected.
4) My laptop is not automatically updating. It only updates when I tell it to, and that's only during the 2AM-8AM time frame.
5) Our satellite TV is NOT connected to the internet. I can connect it, but have only connected it during the 2AM to 8AM time frame.
Again, during the first half of the month, I can check FB, email, news stories and watch the occasional short youtube clip and the data depletes at an expected rate.
During the second half...just leaving the modem turned on, and with no actual browsing, is a guaranteed half GB loss each day. Yesterday evening, I had 2.7 GB left. This morning I had 2.1
I have today and tomorrow left in this data cycle and I'm almost guaranteed to run out of data at some point tomorrow, unless I turn off the router and browse only on my phone's data.
Why is this happening? And why has this been happening off and on for months?