Re: System state code 11.2.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davd
New Poster

Re: System state code 11.2.1

I'm having problems with my internet error code 11.2.1 came upon system summary what should I do
3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I've seen posts about this before, and the answer has been that it's a problem at the gateway -- could be something like weather, for example, or a technical problem -- you may just have to wait a bit until the problem is solved.  Perhaps the tech gurus @GabeU, @Gwalk900, @BirdDog, or @C0RR0SIVE can give you more info.

Hi David,

Hughes modems are rather 'chatty' in respect to the data they record ... and it is a lot of it.

Much is going to depend to the number of occurances and the duration of the events.

Weather between your terminal and the satellite can be an issue. Just as important is the weather between the satellite and your Gateway facility.

The 'Book' has this to say about a 11.2.1 error condition:

Assuming no severe weather conditions at the terminal or Gateway locations

and no Gateway issues (e.g. SatGW down), then this problem typically points

to an installation issue at the terminal site.

If possible, verify the outroute tuning configuration parameters for the

terminal. Given the Beam ID and Outroute ID, lookup what the Over-the-Air

Downlink Frequency and Symbol rate should be. Verify that the terminal is

using the same outroute configuration. Also, verify that the L-Band tuning

frequency is as expected based on the OTA frequency and the installed LNB.

On the basis of that we should tag @Amanda or @Liz and have remote diags run on your system to rule out any local issues.

Hi Davd,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I pulled up your account to check on your system, and currently it should be working normally. Although right now I do see you're currently subject to the Fair Access Policy, so your speeds will be slower than usual.

How often are you seeing the 11.2.1 state code? 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!