cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Working from Home Successfully with HughesNet

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Actually, you are in error. There is no 30 day grace period, as the contract beings as soon as you set up an account. Read the subscriber agreement.  I'm not an employee, by the way. 

From the agreement:

If you cancel after activation but before the end of your 24-month term commitment, you will be charged a Service Termination Fee of up to $400. The exact amount of the Service Termination Fee will be $400 for the first ninety (90) days after activation of the HughesNet Service. Thereafter, the amount will decrease by $15 per month for each month of active Service.  

Zoose
New Poster

I understand that you are not an employee. If you were, you would know the truth regarding this matter. Research ALL the terms and fine print and you will eventually see this:

If you cancel within 30 days of activation, no Service termination fees will be charged.

Yes, that is copied and pasted straight from the Hughesnet website.

Naturally, Hughesnet is not going to post this in more than one area for the purpose of not "overstating to their detriment."

Research your facts before jumping to false conclusions.

GabeU

@Zoose wrote:

If you cancel within 30 days of activation, no Service termination fees will be charged. 

That's old and hasn't applied for years.  It was also for the Recovery Act related accounts.  There is no 30 days trial or grace period.  The 24 month commitment is in effect the moment the service goes live.  

https://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 6.47.03 PM.png

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Zoose
New Poster

I am aware of the promise made to me via the recent phone call that transpired. Personally, I don't care which policies are old and which are new. Considering my specific situation and what has transpired, I would welcome this becoming a legal matter. It was you who said I wouldn't be getting any help from you, yes? Why are you contributing here? Go "help" someone else who wants your input.

GabeU

@Zoose 

I'm not helping you, nor will I.  I'm simply refuting your incorrect claim, both for this instance and for others who read this thread so that the proper information is known and available.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Zoose
New Poster

Refute somewhere else.

maratsade

You should really read the subscriber agreement.  

@Zoose wrote:

Refute somewhere else.

Zoose
New Poster

I don't need to. With one more phone call, Hughesnet is willing to let me out of the contract, regardless of what is written. 

Liz's responses are the only ones I am interested in reading from this point on.

Liz

Hi Zoose,

Thank you for your patience while we worked on your case. We're dispatching a different tech to move your modem and replace the cable. Please expect your local dealer to reach out and schedule an appointment.

Also, check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your other concerns.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi Zoose,

I see the tech completed his site visit yesterday. I hope you're seeing some improvement now. 

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!