cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving calls/problem

Highlighted
Freshman

Receiving calls/problem

Hi, my phone issue is that my Dr's office swears that when they try to call, it will not go thru. So they are having to use my cellphone to call me. It seems to be fine everyone else. What's up with that?

Rita

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Receiving calls/problem

Hi Rita, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We definitely want to help figure out what's happening. Please give more detail as to what you're experiencing so we can better assist. I just pulled up your account to run remote diagnostics on your site to ensure that the HughesNet equipment was otherwise working properly, and it is. 

Just so I'm clear, your doctor's office is unable to call you on your HughesNet Voice line, but if someone else calls your HughesNet Voice line, they are able to connect to you just fine?

Has the doc's office ever been successful at calling you on your HughesNet Voice line?

When did this first start happening for you? 

Are you able to call the doc's office on your HughesNet Voice line?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Freshman

Hi Liz, thanks for the welcome. Smiley Happy

Yes...the Dr's office is the only ones I know of that cannot call the house.

No...they said they tried using it with & without area code. It keeps saying call cannot go thru. Not sure exactly how that's worded. 

This actually started 2 yrs ago when I signed up for & starting using Vonage. As I'm sure you know, their phone also goes thru the internet. They were never able to use that one either.

Yes...I have no troubles calling anyone so far.

Hope that helps & thanks in advance, Rita

Highlighted

Good morning Rita,

Thank you for the clarification. If this happened with Vonage as well, sounds like something going on at the doctor's side. Are they dialing a 1 before your number?

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Freshman

Hi again. I'm not sure if they are dialing the 1 first. I know they said they've called it with & without the area code. I will contact them & ask tho.

The weirdest thing is (and I forgot about this) when I was still using vonage, the recording they send out to let you know you have an appt coming up or that you missed it...it would call the house #. I know someone had to program that into their computer for it to use that #. I do remember telling them about that on several occasions when I was talking to them about this issue.

Thanks, Rita

Highlighted

Hi Rita,

Thanks for the additional info. Very curious. It seems like the doctor's office's auto-dialing(?) system might be having issues calling out to VOIP numbers, like HughesNet, Vonage, and the like. Also, do you use Nomorobo? It's a robocall blocking service for VOIP, that might be blocking the doc's office. I would expect the office to be considered legitimate and not blacklisted, but just a thought.

Highlighted
Freshman

Hi again. I don't know what Nomorobo is. I mean I hadn't heard of it before you mentioned it. And what's VOIP?

I can't get a straight answer from doc's office. They keep saying they've tried calling every way possible & it won't go through. So I'm still at a total loss here. I just think it's odd they are only ones I know of that can't get through. They probably just don't want to fool with it cause they know they can call my cell & I'm sure they don't care they are using up my cell minutes each time either.

Rita  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@RitaSuewrote:

And what's VOIP? 

Rita  Smiley Happy

VOIP stands for Voice Over Internet Protocol.  It refers to internet based telephone service, like HughesNet Voice.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro