cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving error message when I try to submit an email support request

Liz

Re: Receiving error message when I try to submit an email support request

Thanks for the update, I've passed this info to the devs.

Since you are trying to use our e-mail support, perhaps I can help you instead?

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

amyammons2

We have two open cases on our account billing, which need to be corrected. There's a parent-child set up on our account, with one DSS number correctly showing that we own our modem and the other DSS number showing that we are leasing.  We keep getting charged $10 a month for a lease.   In the last case, the tech was referring it to a supervisor because she did not have the authority to make the change, and it stopped there.  You don't get involved in billing issues, do you?   (-:
Thanks.
Liz

Good morning Amy,

We do it all here in the community. Smiley Happy

Let me dig into this further for you. So we are clear, you need the the purchase account, with SAN ending in 53, to be active, and deactivate the lease account, ending in 17?

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hi Amy,

OK, I reviewed your accounts further to better understand your story and discussed it with our billing expert here in the corporate office, and we have options for you.

So, we can change the deal on your current active account so you don't pay the monthly lease fee.

Or we can keep you on lease. 

If you want us to take you off lease to eliminate that monthly lease fee, just keep in mind that this will take your equipment out of warranty, because for the past 2 years or so, as a lease account in our system, your equipment was under warranty. So moving forward, if you need a new modem or need a dispatch, that will cost significantly more. If I recall correctly, dispatches are a flat $125. 

The other option is to opt into the lease deal, have your equipment under warranty and pay the $9.99 monthly lease fee.

I hope that made sense. Whatever your decision, we're here to support and help make it happen. Just let us know; if you want us to take off the lease deal, we can have it done in about 5 business days.

Looking forward to hearing back.

-Liz

amyammons2

I understand, thanks.   Let's leave things as they are then, Liz.  Thanks so much for the explanation and follow up!
amyammons2

BTW, you get gold stars in my book!   This is the first explanation and full response I've had to this situation for the past 2 years.  Thanks!
Liz

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate them. Smiley Happy We will leave your account as is: a lease account so the $9.99 monthly fees remain, and your equipment (modem, modem power supply, outdoor unit) are covered by warranty.

I apologize for misspeaking earlier, if a dispatch is needed, the cost does not vary between lease and purchase customers. Subscribing for Express Repair does decrease your copay for dispatches. Here's an insider tip however, if you have a technical problem with your HughesNet service, post your issue here in the community so we can work it out. If we deem a dispatch necessary, more often than not we waive the dispatch fees. Smiley Wink

-Liz