"I also used the meter in My Account and it may update but it never did during the time I watched it,"
Once loaded, its a static page. You have to "refresh" the meter display by clicking the yellow highlighted icon:
I understand the My Account means of tracking data but having to manually refresh the page to get data usage updated is not something I consider user friendly. At over $100 a month I would think I could expect something as simple and apparently complaint free as the real time bar that tracked data versus time that was available until Hughes presented the new and not so improved version. I also don't plan on purchasing another router or program to track data usage per device since the only concern I have is total data used in comparison to time lapsed. That ability would have come in handy on the 12th when two devices called for updates (unattended) though neither could be interrupted. I was also expecting one meter or usage tracking program to inform me of how much data was being gulped down but the damage done wasn't evident until 12:01 am of the next day. I use Worx to track usage by the hour but this does not tell me if I am going to exceed my allotted data until a warning flashes up on the Hughesnet page telling me that I'm headed for trouble if I don't mend my ways. I may wish to download an item from Netflix but there is no way to tell if I have horded enough data versus time to stay out of Hughesnet data abuse jail. The page they did away with served the purpose quite effectively which is probably why it was axed. I'll take a better photo of a rather ridiculious method of estimating available data, ie; a ruler on the graph, and send it to someone at Hughes who deals with these issues. I can't believe I'm the only person who does not believe that newer is better.
I do appreciate the information on refreshing the My Account meter as I hadn't tried that. I only used it to compare to the other usage contraptions.
PS, To those who were watching either the meter or the graph to see if it up dates, I watched the graph from 4:35 pm until 7:30 pm and though it had updated once earlier in the day, it did not change at all during this period. This included starting and stopping it and even as harse a halt as a power outage which I didn't anticipate meaning I hadn't yet moved the computers power cord to the UPS unit. Shame on me, Windows hates that.
I read the explanation of the My Account meter where it says, 'The usage meter is ....tool that allows you to track your data usage in real time.' But unless I'm missing something it is not tracked 'against' real time. And unless it is stated elsewhere it doesn't advise you to update usage by refreshing. Did you discover that by accident or is it instructed somewhere else? I know I'm being **bleep**y about this but it was so simple, and functional, before they decided to improve it to make it virtually useless as far as knowing how close to exceeding your allot you are, or I am.
Added a dashed green line denoting the average usage per day required to burn for the rest of the period as a planning line, just to satisfy my own curiosity.
If you have a low-burn period as shown, it asymptotically gets out of control and literally crushes the daily usage chart, almost negating it. Using a logarithmic scale makes it even uglier for large plan sizes. It would need a third scale of it's own, and that would just clutter this even more with more axis than graph.May keep it for the rest of this month just to see how it pans out with potentially higher usage, but I'm not taking any bets as I really don't think it adds anything whatever as a management tool.
Perhaps instead of a graph, it could be added as a singular amount that updates under "Service Plan Data Remaining" at the bottom, in terms of MB/day. But again, not sure how really useful that is from a management perspective that you couldn't already do from the total provided.