cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular service disruption for an hour every evening with no help from HughesNet

Re: Regular service disruption for an hour every evening with no help from HughesNet

Good suggestion, Mordacious - I just called and got the same "Engineers are working on an issue that could cause issues" or whatever the wording of the message is.  But my system is working just fine at the moment (knocking on wood).

I have to go find some garlic now.
Honorary Alumnus

Re: Regular service disruption for an hour every evening with no help from HughesNet

To gain some insight on the architecture of beams and gateways you may wish to read this topic I started here:

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/beams-gateways-and-loading-overloading

Be advised however that it refers to the "Jupiter" Gen4 system aimed at Echostar17.

The Spaceway3 9000 system would be laid out along the same general lines however.

It would be possible for you to have problems but not your neighbor. Even though you may be within the footprint of the same beam, served by the same gateway facility, the individual server you are assigned to would/could likely be different.

Yo get to the modems advanced pages first open the modems SCC by entering 192.168.0.1
Once there click on the small figure listed as #8 in this graphic:

The menu layout is vastly different than that of the Gen4 HT1000/1100 system but serves much the same purpose:

The 9000 menu tree looks like this:

Stay out of the "installation" menu option unless directed to do so by official support.

For whatever its worth ... Spaceway3 has had some problems in the last few months.
I rather think the Mods will have to dig in on this one Monday when they return to work.
There isn't anything wrong with continuing to bat this subject around in the mean time however ... every point brought up and crossed off the list is one less question they have to ask.

Personally my experience lays with the DW6000/HN7000s and Gen4 HT1000/1100 systems. While many things apply to both the 9000 &1100 systems the "internal" displays are very different.

I will try to get in touch with a couple of people I know that are in the 9000 BETA program to see if they are aware of others having had this issue.

I never noticed that tiny little icon on that page that gets you to Advanced Configuration!  

The time stamp on that page is SUN MAR 27 02:33:32 2016, my computer's time 8:34.   

Here is the reset history log that is displayed.  I don't have a clue what this means about what's going on but you might find it meaningful..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Time                        Type           Last POST   Reason ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ SAT MAR 26 22:44:51 2016    Hard Reboot    Failure     Power Cycle (208 min) SAT MAR 26 03:33:01 2016    Hard Reboot    Failure     Power Cycle (621 min) SAT MAR 26 02:52:28 2016    Soft Reboot    Pass        UP Down (0 min) SAT MAR 26 02:47:46 2016    Soft Reboot    Pass        UP Down (0 min) SAT MAR 26 02:42:34 2016    Soft Reboot    Pass        UP Down (0 min) SAT MAR 26 02:37:33 2016    Soft Reboot    Pass        UP Down (0 min) SAT MAR 26 00:10:03 2016    Hard Reboot    Failure     Power Cycle (100 min) FRI MAR 25 02:35:32 2016    Soft Reboot    Pass        UP Down (694 min) FRI MAR 25 02:31:13 2016    Soft Reboot    Pass        UP Down (0 min) FRI MAR 25 02:26:46 2016    Soft Reboot    Pass        UP Down (0 min) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associate Professor

Last POST (Power on Self Test most likely) being "Failure" could mean flaky modem... Not really sure...  Could also mean that the modem is losing power during it's POST... Potentially from a bad inverter... Have you checked your solar inverters to ensure they are still outputting at an absolute minimum of a 60Hz Stepped Approximation SineWave or True SineWave at ~115v?
Highlighted

Just so you all know hinky things can happen with the modems. Mine would fail every weekend in the afternoon. That went on for a while and none of the tests that CS did seemed to stop it. After about a month, it failed completely.

It never seemed to have any issues during the week, just the weekends.

C0RR0SIVE,I haven't checked the inverter but it is only a few months old - it better not be the problem!  Does an inverter have an internal clock, so that it will only fluctuate its output at a certain time?  

Robin S I sure hope my modem isn't the problem.  It was just installed last September! It's worrisome that you had a similar problem before yours failed completely, however it seems to me that if the problem was on my end, Hughes wouldn't have that engineering issue recording when I call the help number.  
Assistant Professor

The recording could be due to an issue totally unrelated to what you are experiencing.
Honorary Alumnus

It seems that when Spacway3 suffered a major flop several month ago they had recordings but that was system wide.

I suppose that with caller ID call from a certain area may be routed to the recording.

BirdDog - you are correct.  The recording could be due to an issue unrelated to mine.  However, that would mean that calling the help number is useless for my problem.  The emails I've sent have all gotten auto-reply responses and have been useless.  This forum is the only place anyone connected with Hughes has bothered to address MY issue.  

Gwalk900 When I call the automated system does recognize my account from the phone number I'm calling from.  Soon as I say I want technical support the automated recording comes on, whether it's while my problem is happening or not. This recording is all that phone "help" has provided me with for weeks.  That's all I know about that.