cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular service disruption for an hour every evening with no help from HughesNet

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: Regular service disruption for an hour every evening with no help from HughesNet

And that is exactly why this place is the best place to come for help.  Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Re: Regular service disruption for an hour every evening with no help from HughesNet

Lif,

The difference here in the Community is that the Forum Mods are at the corporate level of the Germantown MD headquarters.

The downside to that is they work ... 9 to 5 eastern or thereabouts.

The upside is that they have all the resources of Hughes at their fingertips and have much greater knowledge and much greater latitude when dealing with issues.

Other "regulars" here are customers like yourself but have a wide range of electronics/computer experience as well as being a long term Hughes users, 12 years in my case.

Highlighted
New Poster

Brother in law just bought one for a cabin, about 2K for an apartment sized fridge.  We junked an old last year, didn't check to see if it still worked.
Highlighted
New Poster

I had my service go down 2-3 nights ago, called CS# to see if it was a wide spread problem, got the same message once I asked for tech support.  Wasn't down too long, waited a few minutes and did a reboot.  H9000 in west MI.
Highlighted

Karen Klomparens:  That's alarming, that you'd have the same thing happen.  I hope tomorrow maybe there will be some response from Hughes about the situation.
Highlighted

Hi Lif

I looked at your diagnostics again and it seems constant signal loss seems to be an issue.. I cant say for sure it is THE issue, or why it occurs at the same time every day. I think the first course of action is to get a technician out there with new equipment and rule out any of the Hughes hardware first, so we know we're working with a fresh set of circuits. What days and times are the best for us to send someone out? 

Thanks
Amanda
Highlighted

Unfortunately the tech available for me has to come from Phoenix, which is a 3 1/2 hour drive one way.  He has to spend an overnight if he comes this far, so he needs to schedule other calls.  I'm fairly flexible about time and day so it's really more about his availability than mine.
Highlighted

If the modem is one component that would be replaced, seems to me shipping one to me so I can plug it in myself would be a more efficient way to go.  However if it's the dish and associated equipment that, of course, would be a different thing.
Highlighted

Hi Lif

I've made the order and left the date blank so that they can get in contact with you and discuss over the phone.

I want them to replace everything except the dish and the pole its on, so its best to have the tech out there to do it all in one swoop.

Upon inspecting the installation photos, it looks like there is a lot of cable run from the dish. How far is the Hughes dish from your house? How much coaxial cable would you say was used? 

I will be asking someone here at the office, but does anyone agree/disagree about the solar panel's pole mount being the grounding point? Not sure what to make of that...

Amanda
Highlighted

I don't know how much "a lot" of cable run is, but the dish is right next to the house and although the cable can't go in a straight line from the dish to the modem I'm guessing the total cable run is at most 40 ft., probably less (should I measure it?)  I know my friend who's also got Hughes has her modem much farther from her dish than that and her system works just fine.  

Not sure what you mean about the solar panel's pole mount being the grounding point.  My PV (solar) system's setup has got a long (I don't know how many feet) copper rod pounded into the ground.  That ground is hooked into the PV system and therefore only indirectly to the Hughes dish, and the Hughes pole and dish are about 35 feet apart.  Though what that would have to do with outages happening at the same time of day I don't know!