cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OKguy
New Poster

Remote Access to Pentair Control System

Pentair support needs ports opened to allow remote access

Please call me - to discuss what is needed  - - I can test communications from my cell phone 

7 REPLIES 7
OKguy
New Poster

More detail

Host name: Pentair: 07-CC-FA

Mac Address: 00-90-C2- 07-CC-FA

As default Set to DHCP

local host uses port# 80

Outbound network uses port# 1444

Outbound TCP connection port# 500

Outbound TCP connection port range 7575-27587

Issue: Cannot make outbound connection for remote connection due to OSI layer issue to automation screenlogic equipment which is able to make local connection.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Maybe read through the posts here: https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/153809-Pentair-Screenlogic-Control-Question

From what I'm reading their stuff is cloud based so ports should not be an issue. Have you talked to their support?

I did talk to their support people who wanted to access the system remotes and could not.  The port information that I posted came from Pentair.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@OKguy wrote:

I did talk to their support people who wanted to access the system remotes and could not.  The port information that I posted came from Pentair.

Ah, that helps. As far as I know all ports should be open through HughesNet equipment but never know till you ask. I'll tag the two veteran reps here to maybe look into it.

@Liz

@Amanda

Hopefully a static IP address is not needed as that would mean a definite no go.

Hi, is the control system a physical piece of equipment which also includes the app you are using?

-Brooke

Hello, I haven't heard back from you, so I'm hoping the issue you were experiencing has been resolved. I'm going to close the thread due to inactivity, but if you need further assistance don't hesitate to reach out again in the community.

Thank you.

-Brooke

Brooke
Alum

Hi OKguy, thanks for posting! The only port that is blocked on HughesNet is port 25 for outgoing mail. I'm going to investigate this a little further, so I'll keep you updated!

-Brooke