Remote Desktop Connection error with HT2000W

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cindysalyer
Freshman

Remote Desktop Connection error with HT2000W

We are having alot of trouble maintaining our connection to Remote Desktop server that my husband and I use for work.  We both get kicked off the server multiple times per day - I'm talking 20-30 times - whenever we are connected to the server.  This started happening to us when we upgraded our service to Gen5 with the HT2000W modem/router combo unit.  I googled the issue and tried all the "fixes" recommended (which for me as a nontechie is a pretty good acheivement) but NOTHING has worked.  I have spoken with the IT person that controls the server connection and he basically went through all the fixes I had already tried from the info I found online.  The owner of the company I work for says its my network card that is causing the issue not the server.  Since the problem started when we upgraded our service to Gen5 it has to be the HT2000W modem/router since nothing else has changed.

The error we are getting every time we get kicked off the server is "Because of a error in data encryption, this session must end.  Please try connecting to the remote computer again." 

We are using Remote Desktop Connection to access Windows Servier 2007R2 Standard.

PLEASE HELP!  Any insight would be appreciated! 

140 REPLIES 140
RanchMike
Freshman

The exact same thing is happening to me. I've been on Gen4 since it first came out and have used Remote Desktop connecting to various machines multiple times per day with no problems (other than slow). I just got Gen5 today and I can only go a few minutes on an RDP session before I get the "Because of an error in data encryption, this session will end." message. This is infuriating and a show stopper for me. I will call support and see what happens, but NOTHING has changed on my end and it has to be the new HT2000W. This is happening on my Windows 10, Windows 7, and MacOS versions of RDP

I hate to say it but I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue.  I was starting to think something was wrong with my computer but I am almost 100% positive its the modem/router (the HT2000W) and something in the settings.  I have had the IT guy for our RDP involved and he thinks so as well.  Just working tonight, I have been "kicked off" more than 30 times in just 5 hours.  I am at a loss as to what to do.  If support gives you ANY help please let me know.  My husband and I cannot continue to work this way.  I would REALLY REALLY hate to go back to Gen4 and it looks like it will be sometime next year (HOPEFULLY) before we have any alternative internet providers. 

I do not get this error when connect to the internet using another ISP.  I went to hotspot location and connected just fine with absolutely no issues when connecting to RDP so obviously its the equipment I have to access internet at home.  If I call tech support is this an issue they can help with?  Should I try a new modem/router?  Is there a substitue modem/router out there can be purchased I can try?  If this continues I will have to go with a different satelitte internet provider and I would really hate to do that.  I have to have internet to work and I have absolutely no other alternative internet providers other than satelitte, my options are EXTREMELY limited.  Traveling 30 minutes to the nearest hotspot in order to work every day is not possible - especially since I work overnight hours.

It is not you and I'm in a very simular situation. HughesNet really needs to get this problem solved. I don't know what they are thinking, as more customer's move to Gen5 this problem is only going to get worse for them

To follow up, since I'm a HughesNet business customer, I called the business customer support line on 8/18. The support person really was excellent, but there is not current solution to the problem. He eventually was ablt to get the Network Operations Center (NOC) on the line and they went through several things. Apparently it is rare and tough for a support rep to get the NOC involved, but he did. The NOC personal and my support rep when through many, many things. I was on hold while most of that was going on. My understanding is that this issue was known to the NOC personel. My understanding is that it has something to do with the fact that we are now using IPv6 instead of IPv4 and the CPU in the HT2000W can't keep up with the calculations required to keep these remote desktop sessions going. So, after spending one and a half hours on the call, I was basically told there is nothing we can do to fix the problem! I thanked the rep because he truly did try to help, but this is not good.

I have also had problems with TeamViewer sessions that I never had before. Instead of getting an error like I do with Remote Desktop, TeamViewer just kind of locks up.

Also, the experience with Remote Desktop varies. Sometimes I can work for hours, before getting kicked off. Other times I can't get through a remote login screen and will get kicked off every 30 seconds. It is very frustrating.

The positives of Gen5 are good. The speed is incredible. In every other way its just amazingly fast and I can't get over how enjoyable web browseing, YouTube watching, streaming, everything is great. I've actually suscribed to NetFlix and I'm able to watch movies without one hiccup, something I didn't even consider before. But this flaw is very bad, especially if it is a known issue and it is being ignored by HugheNet. I feel that we need to get more customers complaining to get some action. They may have to update the chips in the HT2000W and it may cost them a lot. But a law suite may cost them more.

CamilleBeverly
Freshman

I am having the exact same problem that started with upgrade to Gen5.  I know it is the Hugesnet as I have a backup connection through another provider that never has this issue.

Update - We are still receiving the error but for some reason it has gotten HORRIBLY worse in the past couple days.  I called support - got absolutely no help from them - the tech stated it was because of the lag time and VPN issue.  I get the error even when I am not fully connected to the RDP - how is that even possible????

Does anyone know if its the actual modem part of the equipment or just the router?  I am directly connected to the modem/router and my husband is using the wifi and we both get the same error...some days it happens to him more and some days it happens to me more so just by that it seems to me its the actual modem but I'm wondering if turning off the WIFI and using another router would help. Also is there a possible alternative to the HT2000W we can buy?  

This is becoming detrimental to our work performance and we have no other options! 

Hrm, just attempted an RDP session to someone... SSL is being messed up some how... Web-Accel doesn't matter...  I get to where it gets the certificate, but when things start going, it just fizzles out...
RDP error.JPG

That is the exact error we are getting.  I get the error so sporatically while working....today for example, I got the error once every hour or so then it started happening every 5-10 mins for a short period of time then back to every hour or so.  I need to know if Hughesnet is going to fix the issue.  As I mentioned before, we have not had this problem when we use a different ISP so obviously the issue is with HughesNet and/or the equipment we are using.   My husband and I are becoming increasingly frustrated.

Good morning Cindy,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I've escalated your case to our engineers for their input on the matter. I'll post back once I have any updates to share or additional questions.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz,

I'm having the exact problem and getting the same error message.  Need a resolution ASAP.error.jpg

Thank you so very much!  I appreciate any help to get this issue resolved.

Hi Liz,

Have you heard anything from the engineers about our case?  Sorry to ask about it so soon but we are having major trouble staying connected to remote desktop - just tonight we have gotten kicked off with that error  approx 20 times in the last hour.  This past week has been worse than normal also and I'm not sure why.  Unfortunately, unless there is going to be a fix for this fairly soon we will have to go with another satelitte internet provider (and I really don't want to do that).   One of the requirements for our occupation is to have reliable internet so if we dont have that we can't work.  I will be very disappointed if we have to do that as we love the service except for this particular but necessary issue. 

Thanks so much for the help,

Cindy

Good morning Cindy,

Thank you for checking in, I haven't heard back from engineering regarding this matter. I will ping them for an update.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Just wanted to add myself to this "bandwagon"!  The RDP Session being shutdown multiple times a day is very annoying.

I too use RDP for work, and if I can't stay connected I'm not going to be able to pay my Hughesnet bill.

Fix needed yesterday!!

Thanks all for posting, I've compiled your accounts and sent it to engineering for their input.

Hi Liz,

I'm sorry to keep bothering you but I need someone to help resolve this issue ASAP.  It's getting so bad that I cannot work or can only work very little in between times I get this error.  Do you know of someone I can speak with about this issue directly because going through normal tech support is not working and is getting me nowhere.  I'm going to have to switch to another internet satellite provide within the next 2 weeks if there is no resolution just to keep my job.

Thanks,

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for posting, there's no need for you to apologize. I have no updates from engineering on this particular matter, I'm still trying to get some information from them on this. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Add me for the same problem. I need it fixed ASAP so I can get my work done from home!