Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Desktop Connection error with HT2000W

Highlighted
Freshman

Re: Remote Desktop Connection error with HT2000W

Hi Liz,

I'm sorry to keep bothering you but I need someone to help resolve this issue ASAP.  It's getting so bad that I cannot work or can only work very little in between times I get this error.  Do you know of someone I can speak with about this issue directly because going through normal tech support is not working and is getting me nowhere.  I'm going to have to switch to another internet satellite provide within the next 2 weeks if there is no resolution just to keep my job.

Thanks,

Cindy

Highlighted

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for posting, there's no need for you to apologize. I have no updates from engineering on this particular matter, I'm still trying to get some information from them on this. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
New Poster

I've been having the same issue since "upgrading" as well.  Today in my search efforts I discoved something that is working for me so far!!  Give it a try.....

From Remote Desktop before connecting to the host computer click on Options, Experience tab, in the drop down select satellite, mine automatically defaulted to the following check's applied Desktop Composition and Visual Styles, I left them as is.  There are also 2 boxes at the very bottom that I left checked (Persistent bitmap and Reconnect if dropped). Then connect.  I was being dropped every 30 seconds before applying this change then it ran perfectly after that for the remaining hour session.  Good luck!!

Highlighted
Freshman

I to have been having the same problem Talked to tech support yesterday and he had never heard of this particlar problem! Now I read from community it has been reported before. Sounds poor tech support to me. They are to get back with me today at 2 or 3 pm and so far it is 3:15 pm in Texas and no phone call Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Freshman

Add me for the same problem. I need it fixed ASAP so I can get my work done from home!

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Did you read the whole thread?

If not, please try the solution provided a couple of posts back.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Freshman

The post from TR?

I just saw it and am going to try it.

Highlighted
Freshman

I tried the suggestion a few posts back and it didn't work for me. I'm at my wits end.  Tomorrow we are going to test a new satelitte provider but they can not guarentee we wont get the same error with them.  We have tried EVERYTHING.  Nothing is working. Like I said before we have no other options besides satellite - not even hotspot since cell signal is very poor here.  There is a new cell tower being built next year which is just a few miles away so I am hoping that may provide a relief.  Until then we have no other options. 

Funny how this did not happen with Gen4 and no one seems to know whats causing it (or they are not saying).  My patience and temper are severely stretched with this issue and the lack of support in trying to find a solution is extremely disappointing.  I am not sure why this issue is not being made priority since it seems more and more people are dealing with it.

Highlighted
Freshman

FYI - I did turn off "web acceleration" and it has slow the error down some (only 10 times an hour vs 60 times an hour) but its still happens enough to affect work performance.

Highlighted
Freshman

How do I get to the Options, Experience tab, etc ..on a Windows 8.1?

My remote desktop is a tile on my desltop that I click on and it goes right to the electronic medical records I use.

I have called Huges net tech support and he could not help me beuase he has a Windows 7?

He said I need to call Home tech support tomorrow during  normal business hours. And that it may cost me!!