cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Desktop Connection error with HT2000W

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Remote Desktop Connection error with HT2000W

I tried making these changes and still having the same issue even when running with the 2G connection on my 5G box.  This is causing loads of problems.  Calling Support is a completely futile and frustrating exercise. You are going to start losing customers.

Highlighted
Freshman

Sunday we had  a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE day with our service.  We logged on to work (thru remote desktop connection) and immediately started having problems.  Just for curiousity sake I took down the times we got disconnected from the server we work on.  During a 25 minute period (4:45pm to 5:10pm), we got disconnected 37 times.  This happened ALL DAY - starting at 2pm until we gave up at 9:30pm.  I ran a speed test and we were only got 0.77mbps.  At 7:30pm - frustrated to no end - I called support.  I was on the phone for 2 hours - even with all other devices disconnected from wifi and ONLY my computer hard connected to the modem the speed only went up to 1.3mbps.  Tech support could not explain why this was happening and told me they were escalating my case to the engineers and we would receive a call back in 2-3 days.  I checked the speed again before going to bed at midnight and it was only 2.7mbps.  Today (Monday) at 6:45pm I tested the speed thru my desktop hard connected to the modem (and our iPhones on wifi) and the speed was 1.4mbps - immediatedly reran the test speed and it shot up to 31.96mbps (these are download speeds - upload speeds have been fine). 

I am going to wait another day for a call back but I am not hopefull considering this is the 2nd time I have been told my case has been escalated to the "engineers" as I have not heard one peep of a explanation as to why this is happening. 

THIS IS NOT THE SERVICE I AM PAYING FOR.  I know the speeds are quoted as "up to 25mbps" but there is absolutely NO reason for it to slow down to 0.77 or even 2.7!  Those speeds are even lower than GEN4 and whats funny is with GEN4 we never had them that slow! 

My determination is that we are getting disconnected from the server we work on because of the lack of sufficent speed to maintain that connection.  I suggest that HughesNet fix the issue or start preparing for some serious backlash and a major loss of business.  Sadly, I had nothing but good things to say about our service when we first upgraded to GEN5 and even recommended a few people to try it.  Now I would not recommend it to ANYONE and especially not anyone that uses it for working at home remotely.   I am extremely disappointed. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Click the Windows (Start) button.  Start typing REMOTE DESKTOP.  On my machine "Remote Desktop Connection" is found after I type "RE".

Click the "Remote Desktop Connection" Icon, and the Remote Desktop Connection program will launch.  It may have the name of the last machine you connected to in the "Computer" field.

Click the "Show Options" button in the lower left corner.

You should now see the General, Display, Local Resources, Experience and Advanced Tabs.

Note: One of the 1st things I tried was to set the "connection speed" on the Experience Tab to "Satellite".  I got better results setting it to "Modem (56kbps)".   Now I only get shut down due to data encryption errors about 10 times in a 9 hour day.

Good luck!

Tags (1)
Highlighted

Hi folks,

Thank you all for your patience, engineering has this on their list, it will still be a while before we can get any useful updates. Once I have any news to share, I'll post back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Freshman

Hey

thx for instructions. I googled how to do it. I was kicked off less, but still occurred appx

5 x in 3 hours. I will try  selecting the ' modem 56 Kbps' next time.

you are more knowledgeable than the techs- they cannot help beyond the basic steps. I quit calling. When my area gets 903-broadband I am telling Hughes net to shove it.

Highlighted
Freshman

If it is the gen 5 modem not having the correct chip to connect and STAY connected to REMOTE DESKTOP- then the owners with the $ need to fix it. Because I am one customer leaving. Everything else w the gen 5 was good.

Highlighted
Freshman

Have you tried PO pilot suggestions?

It has helped my Windows 8.1 stay connected to RDD for longer amounts of time

Highlighted
Freshman

It definitely is with Hughes Net

I am going to call Channel 4 Investigative Reporters.

To prevent others from signing a contract with this malfuction!!

Highlighted
Freshman

Going to another satellite service should fix the problem because it is the Hughes 2000 W remote causing the problem

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Go right ahead, don't forget to mention the fact they are investigating the issue and working on a resolution.

By the way, learn to click edit, might help some.