Remote Desktop Connection error with HT2000W

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cindysalyer
Freshman

Remote Desktop Connection error with HT2000W

We are having alot of trouble maintaining our connection to Remote Desktop server that my husband and I use for work.  We both get kicked off the server multiple times per day - I'm talking 20-30 times - whenever we are connected to the server.  This started happening to us when we upgraded our service to Gen5 with the HT2000W modem/router combo unit.  I googled the issue and tried all the "fixes" recommended (which for me as a nontechie is a pretty good acheivement) but NOTHING has worked.  I have spoken with the IT person that controls the server connection and he basically went through all the fixes I had already tried from the info I found online.  The owner of the company I work for says its my network card that is causing the issue not the server.  Since the problem started when we upgraded our service to Gen5 it has to be the HT2000W modem/router since nothing else has changed.

The error we are getting every time we get kicked off the server is "Because of a error in data encryption, this session must end.  Please try connecting to the remote computer again." 

We are using Remote Desktop Connection to access Windows Servier 2007R2 Standard.

PLEASE HELP!  Any insight would be appreciated! 

140 REPLIES 140

Did you read the whole thread?

If not, please try the solution provided a couple of posts back.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

The post from TR?

I just saw it and am going to try it.

I tried the suggestion a few posts back and it didn't work for me. I'm at my wits end.  Tomorrow we are going to test a new satelitte provider but they can not guarentee we wont get the same error with them.  We have tried EVERYTHING.  Nothing is working. Like I said before we have no other options besides satellite - not even hotspot since cell signal is very poor here.  There is a new cell tower being built next year which is just a few miles away so I am hoping that may provide a relief.  Until then we have no other options. 

Funny how this did not happen with Gen4 and no one seems to know whats causing it (or they are not saying).  My patience and temper are severely stretched with this issue and the lack of support in trying to find a solution is extremely disappointing.  I am not sure why this issue is not being made priority since it seems more and more people are dealing with it.

FYI - I did turn off "web acceleration" and it has slow the error down some (only 10 times an hour vs 60 times an hour) but its still happens enough to affect work performance.

Going to another satellite service should fix the problem because it is the Hughes 2000 W remote causing the problem

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Abrown

If you are replying to a specific post, please quote the post or use the @ symbol to select from a list of the posters.  Without doing so you are replying to no one, and five posts in a row look like spamming, which will succeed in nothing more than getting you booted from the Community, which you may very well regret if you need help with an issue in the future.     

Heck, might as well add me too. This problem is rediculus.

@Liz Any update? When I called Tech support and was transferred to account management, they just say they can't guarantee that it would work with Remote Desktop. It sounded like they weren't taking the issue seriously. This impacts so many of your customers and it needs a fix ASAP.

I to have been having the same problem Talked to tech support yesterday and he had never heard of this particlar problem! Now I read from community it has been reported before. Sounds poor tech support to me. They are to get back with me today at 2 or 3 pm and so far it is 3:15 pm in Texas and no phone call 😞

I'm experiencing the exact same problem.  Need a resolution ASAP.

error.jpg

It definitely is with Hughes Net

I am going to call Channel 4 Investigative Reporters.

To prevent others from signing a contract with this malfuction!!

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Go right ahead, don't forget to mention the fact they are investigating the issue and working on a resolution.

By the way, learn to click edit, might help some.

Working on it for like 1 month?

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@Abrown If you look, the post went un-noticed till the 25th.  If you do some packet captures, you would see that for some reason it's actually the computer or device you're using, that's resetting the connection (thus resulting in the encryption error message), most likely caused from an unknown, and difficult to pinpoint anomaly.

Been poking at this my self for a while now, could be anything causing it, from a random latency spike that RDC can't tolerate well if it detects a high speed, to a QoS issue.  Even took a nice little screenshot showing you what the traffic looks like when doing a packet capture on my own desktop when the error comes up.

QQsumoar.jpg

But hey, what do I know.

I have tried all recommendations posted on this feed - nothing has really helped.  Was on the phone again today for another hour with tech support.  They re-registered my modem/router but it has not changed anything.  I can handle the slow speeds but the data encrytion error will not allow me to stay connected to remote desktop connection long enough to work.  Especially for both me and my husband.  It has gotten so bad lately only 1 of us can work and the 1 of us that is working is still having trouble with the error.  We are having to work from a hotel room for this weekend since both of us work 13 hour shifts sat and sun.  I just dont understand why it has gotten so bad lately.  I hate being that person to complain.  I hope HughesNet finds a resolution soon but unfortunately we will have to switch until that happens.  Gen5 was great until this.  😞

@Corrosive, your “handle” appears to be quite apropos.  The way you name your screen shot images intended to “help” other forum viewers/posters is a fine indicator of your corrosive/condescending nature.

I’m sure that all HughesNet users are familiar with and can interpret the results of a network protocol analyzer like Wireshark.  Maybe next time you can suggest the end users run Sysinternals Procmon.exe and have them analyze the tens, if not hundreds, of thousand entries created in less than a minute to find the source of this problem on their machine.

This issue, getting disconnected from a Remote Desktop Connection “Because of an error in data encryption….” Is clearly and unequivocally a HughesNet problem.  If I use my cell phone as a hotspot, I can work all day without a single disconnect. But on HughesNet I get shut down at least (and sometimes a lot more than) once an hour.  Same machine in both cases.  So your implication that the issue is in any way related to the client machine is preposterous.

But hey, what do I know?

Actually I would guess that this is an issue having to do with the latency of Sat based internet, A quick google suggests that anything over 300ms with RDP causes issues (like frequent disconnects).

I would ensure that you have web aceleration and video compression disabled on the hughesnet side, but other then that I'm not sure you will be able to solve this issue.  

What version of windows are you RDP'ing from and to?  

In addition, is it possible for you to try connecting via VNC instead of RDP?  Apparently VNC is much more tolerant to higher latency connections.

Just a general update:

During a normal workday from 7:00am t0 4:00pm Central time:

11/03/17 Disconnected 28 Times

11/02/17 Disconnected 12 Times

11/01/17 Disconnected 21 Times

10/31/17 Disconnected 4 Times *Great Day!!

10/30/17 Disconnected 13 Times

10/27/17 Disconnected 6 Times

10/25/17 Disconnected 11 Times

10/24/17 Disconnected 1 Time *Awesome!!

10/23/17 Disconnected 14 Times

I could go on...

Using Win 10 RDC V 10.0.15063.674

Connecting to Terminal Server Machine Windows 2012 R2

I have noticed that if I restart the Hughesnet modem I have better luck staying connected.

I have windows 8.1

What is VNC?