Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Desktop Connection error with HT2000W

Associate Professor

Re: Remote Desktop Connection error with HT2000W

Sophomore

My bad... I started with gen5. 

What I have been seeing via an external monitor is that when my modem receives a new ipv6 prefix, that prefix is sometimes not immediately routable.  There seems to be a delay between my modem receiving the prefix, and hughesnet knowing where to route that prefix.  Sometimes this delay is > 1 minute.

Associate Professor

No biggie, just thought I would throw that out there...

Really the HT2000w is a fancier and beefier version of the HT1100, and ES-19 is very similar to ES-17 in design from what I understand.  That's why I can't figure out why the issue hasn't been resolved...  The two are actually very similar, just ES-19 can handle far more customers overall.  Which leads me to believe there may be something about the modem/router software of the modem that's having issues, since the 1100 didn't have a built in router.

Junior

@tracerrx I'm also noticing the connectivity blip when a new IPv6 prefix is assigned to the customer equipment. Not sure if that has anything to do with these RDP issues, though. 

Freshman

I have windows 8.1

What is VNC?

Tags (1)
Freshman

Thank you for the reply you had for corrosive.

I too felt he was hateful

Tags (1)
Associate Professor
New Poster

Did you end up switching? If so, to what & how has your experience been. Having the same issues and don't see an end in sight.

Highlighted
Freshman

I am waiting for 903broadband to come to my area and then i am going to change. 

Tags (1)