cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Desktop Connection error with HT2000W

Freshman

Re: Remote Desktop Connection error with HT2000W

Another update - I talked to tech support the other day and they had no knowledge of this problem at all.  I asked him to read this board while we were on the phone and he came back and said thanks for letting him know about all this.  He would not agree to let me out of my contract but did compromise with me by giving me $20 off a month for 6 months while they work on the problem.  He also agreed to give me some free data but that never happened so we will see.    

Freshman

Hey it has been being worked on since August 2017.

The technician I also talked to said he never heard of the problem-getting disconnected w data encryptionmessage-several times an hour. I looked at the community forum and there were several customers complaining.

Tags (1)
Freshman

Thank you for the reply @Liz. My current workaround is to use my personal cell phone hotspot to work. What kind of credit should I expect to see since I am not getting the service I am paying HughesNet for?

New Poster

I'm having the exact same issues! There seems to be no consistency to the issue like others have stated. Sometime, I can stay in the remote desktop, other times it kicks me out immediately and repeatedly. They have to fix this!

One IT person suggested to me that if my local computers clock didn't match the time on the Remote Desktop Computer, it could error out. I'm wondering if the ping delay means my clock isn't updating.

Highlighted
New Poster

@Liz Any update? When I called Tech support and was transferred to account management, they just say they can't guarantee that it would work with Remote Desktop. It sounded like they weren't taking the issue seriously. This impacts so many of your customers and it needs a fix ASAP.

New Poster

@eranch I got a $10 credit for 6 months, not the same amount as I saw earlier in the forum posts of $20 for 6 months, but they said it is because I signed up during a promotion and was already receiving credits for 2 years.

I also use my cell data to work, but my hot spot is expensive! What cell provider do you have? When I researched cell providers "unlimited plans" the unlimited data was only for cell phone use, it limited the hotspot to 10 GB per billing cycle which isn't enough!

Freshman

@jen10doll AT&T is our cell phone provider. I hope we don't have that restriction on our unlimited plan. If it isn't really unlimited, my company will have to reimburse me for that cost.

Freshman

Six months and counting...

Hello everyone,

We've involved some new folks who are actively investigating this. I understand it is not the answer you'd like to hear at this point, but I assure you that they are working on getting us answers soon. 

Thank you,

Amanda

Spectator

Is there any hope that we could go back to Generation 4 hardware and satellite?  It at least it worked.  I have been shopping around to find a new provider since my upgrade to Gen 5 system and hitting this issue.  Seems Infinity, Dish and everyone else is now owned by Hughesnet.  My current solution is to drive to work two hours a day so that we can work around the Remote Desktop encription error.   It seems to be internet traffic related.  The busier times of day for internet use result in Remote Desktop completely failing as the latency goes up.  If I log in at 2:00 AM in morning it works just fine.  Not what I call a very convient time of day as my business requires I meet with customers from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM every weekday.