Remote Desktop Connection error with HT2000W

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cindysalyer
Freshman

Remote Desktop Connection error with HT2000W

We are having alot of trouble maintaining our connection to Remote Desktop server that my husband and I use for work.  We both get kicked off the server multiple times per day - I'm talking 20-30 times - whenever we are connected to the server.  This started happening to us when we upgraded our service to Gen5 with the HT2000W modem/router combo unit.  I googled the issue and tried all the "fixes" recommended (which for me as a nontechie is a pretty good acheivement) but NOTHING has worked.  I have spoken with the IT person that controls the server connection and he basically went through all the fixes I had already tried from the info I found online.  The owner of the company I work for says its my network card that is causing the issue not the server.  Since the problem started when we upgraded our service to Gen5 it has to be the HT2000W modem/router since nothing else has changed.

The error we are getting every time we get kicked off the server is "Because of a error in data encryption, this session must end.  Please try connecting to the remote computer again." 

We are using Remote Desktop Connection to access Windows Servier 2007R2 Standard.

PLEASE HELP!  Any insight would be appreciated! 

140 REPLIES 140