cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Speed Testing?

Re: Remote Speed Testing?

Hi Jason

I just realized since I'm working from home (we're expecting a blizzard today!) that I do not have my normal work email access! I've made your post private instead so we can work this way. Since you are a business customer things work a little differently as far as service commitments and service plan changes. Everyone is currently either home or headed home from the office, so I can't really ask for more specifics however since we do work for the corporate office, we have some leeway in terms of trying out the upgrade. Our automated upgrade systems charge absorbent fees that I don't want to charge you, so I'll have to ask someone in our business department to make the change manually to avoid those. Unfortunately this will have to wait until Monday but then I'll be able to let you know how everything will work, how long the plan change will take and e-mail you an informational sheet of everything we're doing. I hope that is okay!

Amanda

Not a problem. I am not in an insane hurry here. None of this works unless we can move the install or trim the tree anyway. Our ropes course is also closed today for frigid weather in New Orleans (which means it's about 40!).

Hi Jason

Our building remained closed today, I assume because everyone is in the same situation right now (cars covered in snow, no where to put the snow) and our roads re-froze overnight. I appreciate your patience and hope we can get back into our office soon!

Thank you
Amanda

Thanks for getting back to me.

Back in the office yet? I heard from the zoo that will not be able to trim the tree for us. The palm tree adjacent to the dish was a donation to the zoo. We must relocate the dish to an area that will not be effected by the palm tree.

Hi Jason

I'm back in and already have someone looking into this. I have to get the relocation of the dish authorized first and we can go from there. I'll let you know when I get a reply from our business manager to find out what we can schedule for you.

Thanks
Amanda

Hey Amanda: We got a sales order and an installation order to our registered email, but I haven't seen or heard anything regarding costs or anything. I am not comfortable extending our agreement with Hughes.Net without some guarantees and expectation for success. Can you shed light on this or let me know who can? Thanks J

Hello Jason,

I cannot believe I forgot to let you know! I got an e-mail from a manager at our business team who said she would set up a free visit for you. Yes - this visit is totally free and they are going to try to relocate the dish (the dealer let us know it was hard since the area is kind of swampy). Please let me know how the visit goes!

Thank you
Amanda

I appreciate the consult...how will they set up an appointment (we have limited open hours because we are on zoo property). Also, we need to coordinate with the zoo now to make sure we're not interfering with their plans making this even more complicated (apparently, we installed previously without communicating with one of the departments...they are very decentralized).

Hi Jason

I think the best way to make sure the schedule works for everyone (if you havent been called yet) is to give them a ring. The installation company is Southview Networks - (662) 6461070 

If there's any trouble scheduling let me know and I'll do my best to get it sorted.

Thank you
Amanda