cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remotely reset modum

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Remotely reset modum

@Imbert wrote:

Thanks Liz, yes, I do not live there though I visit regularly and plan to move there. I will inform you when I am there for sure. I'll try to give you a heads up of a few days so we can book an appointment. Would the dish needing to be re-aligned explain why my Amazon Prime shows buffer so much?

An out of alignment dish can certainly contribute to speed/performance issues, but another possible cause could be the Video Data Saver.  

If the Amazon Prime videos are streaming in anything higher than 480p, the issue may be the Video Data Saver, which deliberately throttles the speed of the service to such that is amenable to 480p streaming, but may cause higher resolution streaming to buffer.  If this is the case, you can turn off, or temporarily pause for four hours, the Video Data Saver, and hopefully this will alleviate the buffering issue.  Keep in mind, though, that streaming in HD can use a LOT of data.  I'm not sure about Amazon Prime, but HD with Netflix uses around 3GB per hour.  

What is Video Data Saver? 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Good morning Imbert,

Thanks for the clarification. What I'll do is set up the dispatch, but not schedule an appointment. Your assigned dealer will instead reach out to you to work out a time frame for the site visit.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

Once again thanks for the excellent customer service. Thinsg don't always work as we wished they would but excellent service helps a lot.

You're welcome. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

I received a text saying an appointment has been scheduled for 3/2/18 between 8am-11am but no one has called me and I won't be there.

Hi Imbert,

Thanks for this update, that sounds odd. Are you able to call or text back the number that sent you that text? If that number doesn't work, here's the number of the local dealer that was assigned to you:

PT Satellites Inc (888) 906 8102  

It may help to reference Field Service Order (FSO) 8459606.

Thanks,
Liz

Sophomore

I called and got it taken care of. Thanks.

Great!

Thanks,
Liz

Sophomore

Hi Liz, I really needed to follow up with you. The repair technician cancelled on me on the day we were supposed to meet. To refresh your memory, my dish is out of alignment. When he called he said he didn't have the equipment he needed for the job. He then asked me what the problem with the dish is. I wondered how it's possible to not know the problem yet know you don't have the equipment. Nevertheless, I agreed to meet him Saturday morning. I drove 2 hours only so he can tell me that he can't get a signal on the device he uses to fix my dish. He left and asked me to come back Sunday to meet yet another tech. I couldn't get there yet again but he said I didn't need to be there, he just needed the wifi password, which I gave to him. The tech never followed up with me today so I have no idea if my satellite is up. I do know that my security cameras aren't working and haven't been working since he left yesterday. I spent $30 in gas and an entire day was lost becuase of this company. Needless to say I'm frustrated. Is my satellite running properly? Is it aligned? Please help.

Good morning Imbert,

Thank you for the recap, I'm sorry to hear what happened, this is disconcerting. Let me escalate this to our installs department which oversees all the dealers. I ran diagnostics and we definitely still need your site properly looked at. I'll let you know once I have any other updates for you.

Thanks,
Liz