Reocurring issue with Social club app for GTA 5

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob5
Sophomore

Reocurring issue with Social club app for GTA 5

It worked for almost 2 weeks then here we go again. A game I installed requires a connection to Rockstar social club. When I launch it it keeps timing out. There was an issue with this in the past on Hughes end but they fixed it with some kind of certificate. Can you fix this again? Rockstar automated emailed me and suggested that they were being blocked by Hughesnet. Please fix me.
45 REPLIES 45
Amanda

Hi Bob

Judging by your past post, we didn't actually do anything on our end, it just started working https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/i-cannot-connect-to-rockstar-social-club-with-gra...

I am not sure what else to recommend except to answer the questions Liz had initially asked you.

Thanks
Amanda
Bob5
Sophomore

Nothing has changed. Just will not connect with Hughes. I will take my pc to my sons again tonight again to see if it connects with his internet. This is getting old.

Liz

Hi Bob,

Like last time, the issue may just clear up on its own; I suggest waiting a bit. We didn't do anything the last time this happened, perhaps the RSC end made a change which resulted in temporarily limiting your access. I can say with certainty that we do not block access to any sites.

The questions Amanda refer to are as follows:

Does disabling Web Acceleration make a difference? (Enter 92.168.0.1 in your browser then follow the steps here to find where to toggle Web Acceleration:https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/can_i_enable_disable_my_web_acceleration_myself)

If on computer, does this happen in different browsers?

Does this happen on both computer and console?

Does this happen on a non-HughesNet connection?

Does this happen even after clearing your browser cache? (How-to here: refreshyourcache.com)

Does powercycling your modem make a difference? (Unplug the HughesNet modem's power cord from the brick for 30 seconds before replugging.)

Does this happen even when directly connected to the HughesNet modem?

Does power cycling your router make a difference?

Does power cycling your computer make a difference?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are greatly appreciated so that we can address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Bob5
Sophomore

Well It worked on my sons internet perfectly. We brought my pc back home and plugged directly into Hughes modem so we could take router issue out of the picture and it would not connect, proving the issue is on Hughes side.
Bob5
Sophomore

still not working.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

It's possible that it has something to do with the latency.  There is a site at which I can't adjust a profile when using Hughesnet, but I can both with a friend's cable internet and even if I dial in using my folk's AOL sign on.  For some reason it won't work with Hughesnet, and after everything I've tried, including talking to the support staff at the site, I can't get it to work.  And, of course, if it is due to latency, there's nothing that can fix it, unfortunately.

The site/service you are trying to access may be very sensitive to latency issues.  I don't know that this is the cause of the problem, but rather just a possibility.  If there is any way you can contact the site/service you may want to ask if high latency could cause a problem.  The latency with satellite internet is about 20 times higher than cable or fiber.   

Good luck.

Bob5
Sophomore

That's all good but this game has worked great in the past .I have over 300 hours in it along with other Rockstar games that use the same social club app. BTW they are not connecting either.

Liz

Good morning Bob,

I ran remote diagnostics on your site to make sure the HughesNet equipment is functioning properly and all looks good. I do see that currently your Web Acceleration is off. 

So with Web Acceleration off, you cannot connect to RSC, correct?

Can you connect to RSC with Web Acceleration on?

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Bob5
Sophomore

Yes I have tried it both ways and cant connect either way. I normally keep it off because my web browsing is snappier.
Liz

OK, just keep in mind that if you ever come across any difficulty browsing, try re-enabling Web Acceleration.

Please follow the appropriate steps here refreshyourcache.com and let me know if there's any difference in accessing RSC after clearing your browser cache.

-Liz

Bob5
Sophomore

Still cant connect

Josh Trujillo1

I am have the same issue on ps4 I don't think this on the users side it's on rockstar since the update I only played one weekend and yes the multiplayer game works on hughesnet great been on it for over 3years just not at the moment multiple users are having this issue with out fix July 12 on the next update we all should be back on. Thanks for posting bob helped me out saved me call and fix thank god next month real internet is being offered in my community
Bob5
Sophomore

My issue still persists. I opened a new support ticket with Rockstar and so far they are blaming Hughesnet. Hoping they will escalate this to tier 2 support soon. How do you get an issue resolved when both sides says it is the others fault?
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I have a feeling it is Rockstar changing settings in their servers that makes the connection not communicate correctly with a CGN as described in the example problems here:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21206752
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor
Liz

Hi Bob,

Please let us know what Rockstar says. I'd like to try to reproduce what you're experiencing, is this the URL you're accessing? http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/

-Liz

Bob5
Sophomore

Yes that is their page. Their website works perfectly for me. its just their game client that I am having issues with.
Josh Trujillo1

Did you up date today ? Did it work again? Just asking go update myself at 2am . I think rockstar cracked down on the upload speed if don't get 0.5 Mbps upload we are shit out luck and over the years I noticed my upload was close to 1mbps to 80kbps to the now of 400 to 100kbps and under also many user are getting this upload speed
Josh Trujillo1
Josh Trujillo1