Reocurring issue with Social club app for GTA 5

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob5
Sophomore

Reocurring issue with Social club app for GTA 5

It worked for almost 2 weeks then here we go again. A game I installed requires a connection to Rockstar social club. When I launch it it keeps timing out. There was an issue with this in the past on Hughes end but they fixed it with some kind of certificate. Can you fix this again? Rockstar automated emailed me and suggested that they were being blocked by Hughesnet. Please fix me.
45 REPLIES 45
Bob5
Sophomore

VPN worked YAY!! but how secure is it? I just added a new connection through windows 10 connection wizard. Can people on the other end crawl into my pc from the other end when I am not gaming?
Liz

I figure VPN would help. You can read more about how VPN works here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Bob5
Sophomore

Just for kicks I deleted the VPN connection and Rockstar still connects. Not sure if windows fixed something or Hughes or Rockstar did. Not looking a gift horse in the mouth though. At least I don't have to worry about having multiple connections since I deleted VPN. I want to thank you Liz and Gabe for your help on this. It was driving me nuts.

Liz

Hmm, that's peculiar. Well thanks for the update, glad you can game now!

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!