cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reocurring issue with Social club app for GTA 5

Distinguished Professor III

Re: Reocurring issue with Social club app for GTA 5

Liz,

No.  I don't have any games.  I just meant the site.  I can go to Rockstar Games main site just fine.

http://www.rockstargames.com/

When I click on "Social Club" it times out, with the page never loading.  Even when using the direct link, at http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/ , I get the same, timing out with no page loading. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Thanks for the feedback, I've sent it up to the engineers as well. I haven't gotten word back from them about this case. 

In the meantime, have you read that Steam community thread in full? What I found interesting were these last two posts:

GRIZZLY  has Grand Theft Auto V Jul 4 @ 6:00pm 
*EDIT* I think I found the culprit, because my ISP is capped to 1Mbps and P2P blocked, and by research I found that perhaps Social Club and GTA Online uses some sort of P2P connection, thus preventing me from going online. Hence, using a VPN with bypasses the block enables it. Oh well, that is our crappy Malaysian ISP for ya. Guess I have to stick with some local VPN for now to minimize the lag....
Yup, I have set rules for those apps to be allowed through inbound/outbound in firewall. Nothing works except through VPN.

wolverine.23  has Grand Theft Auto V Jul 5 @ 2:18am 
I FINALLY FOUND THE FIX THAT WORKED FOR ME ,
ITS A SERVER PROBLEM ROCKSTAR SOCIAL CLUB CAN'T CONNECT CAUSE OF THE SERVER , SO YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD A VPN LIKE SOFTETHER VPN AND JUST YOUTUBE HOW TO USE IT , YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO USE MOST OF THE SERVERS BUT KEEP TRYING ANY OF THE JAPANESE SERVERS TILL YOU GET CONNECTED WON'T TAKE MUCH TIME I PROMISE TOOK ME 20 MIN IN TOTAL AFTER DOWNLOADING THE SOFTWARE AND ONCE YOU ARE DONE YOU JUST HAVE TO CONNECT TO IT ONCE AND OPEN THE GAME AFTER YOU PLAY THE GAME FOR ABOUT 5 MIN U CAN UNINSTALL THE SOFTWARE SOFTETHER VPN AND PLAY THAT GAME BACK ON THE INTERNET THAT YOU USE OR OFFLINE Smiley Very Happy HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU CAUSE I HAD YOUR SIMILAR ISSUE Smiley Happy
after issuing a ticket to rockstar about the server issues and vpn , after a couple of hours when i tried the online without the vpn i was able to sign and they sent some form to agree to and was able to play with no server issues again .. so i'd advise you to send a ticket to rockstar about this issue with your social club id and steam id .
I've also sent that thread to the engineers for reference. I know we don't block P2P traffic, but our legal site does state this: “In order to ensure fair access to all types of
traffic, however, we limit
the network capacity available for P2P applications, which has the
effect of reducing the priority of such traffic.”

As the Steam thread reveals, using a VPN may be the solution, however, using a VPN will certainly reduce your speeds by 50%-70%.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

VPN worked YAY!! but how secure is it? I just added a new connection through windows 10 connection wizard. Can people on the other end crawl into my pc from the other end when I am not gaming?

I figure VPN would help. You can read more about how VPN works here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

Just for kicks I deleted the VPN connection and Rockstar still connects. Not sure if windows fixed something or Hughes or Rockstar did. Not looking a gift horse in the mouth though. At least I don't have to worry about having multiple connections since I deleted VPN. I want to thank you Liz and Gabe for your help on this. It was driving me nuts.

Hmm, that's peculiar. Well thanks for the update, glad you can game now!

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz