Hughesnet Community

Rep tells me one thing, tech tells me another. Which is right and what do I do?!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C-Walker
Freshman

Rep tells me one thing, tech tells me another. Which is right and what do I do?!

I have been having trouble out of my service for several months now. The reps ran tests on my equipment and told me some had to be replaced. When the tech comes, he runs his tests and tells me that everything is in working order and does nothing. This is the second time the tech has been out to my home and the second time replaced nothing. I feel like when I take two steps forward I get knocked back three. My service gets slower and slower with every passing day. Even loading a web page is difficult. I tried to login to HughesNet last night and I looked at the time because I wanted to see exactly how long it would take. At 12:02 the page started loading. As I waited I fell asleep and when I woke it was 12:26 and still hasn’t loaded the page. I wish the salesman I spoke to through HughesNet was more honest with me. I wouldn’t have wasted my money or my time. I’ve said this several times and I’ll say it again, HughesNet false advertised their product to me. Just because I live in a rural area and can not get any other service does not give this company the right to cheat and swindle people out of hard earned money.
12 REPLIES 12
vladams2015
Sophomore

@C-Walker wrote:
I have been having trouble out of my service for several months now. The reps ran tests on my equipment and told me some had to be replaced. When the tech comes, he runs his tests and tells me that everything is in working order and does nothing. This is the second time the tech has been out to my home and the second time replaced nothing. I feel like when I take two steps forward I get knocked back three. My service gets slower and slower with every passing day. Even loading a web page is difficult. I tried to login to HughesNet last night and I looked at the time because I wanted to see exactly how long it would take. At 12:02 the page started loading. As I waited I fell asleep and when I woke it was 12:26 and still hasn’t loaded the page. I wish the salesman I spoke to through HughesNet was more honest with me. I wouldn’t have wasted my money or my time. I’ve said this several times and I’ll say it again, HughesNet false advertised their product to me. Just because I live in a rural area and can not get any other service does not give this company the right to cheat and swindle people out of hard earned money.

I know it goes without saying, but I have a few questions for you:

Have you done speedtests, what are the results?

Are you Gen5?

What device do you have connected and is it over LAN or 2.4/5G WiFi?

I had my system installed a week and a half ago and have had nothing but problems. HN does a speedtest and reports 20+ Mbps download and 3+ upload, yet I do one and it reports around 1 Mbps down and up to 1.5 up. They finally agreed a tech had to come out, but I can guarantee they will show up and say "nothing is wrong" so I am probably going to be in the same boat as you. 

Disconnect everything except for the device you are using and do a Speed Test through your myhughesnet, see what the results are and report back.
Then go into your systemcontrolcenter and report back if the tests show all green checks.

We will go from there and see if we can figure out something on here for you

Amanda

Hi C-Walker,

Thank you for following up with us. I am very sorry about what is going on and we are taking this higher up to get resolved. The first and most important thing to be done is to repoint your dish, as it seems the modem is still functional and our previous diagnosis on the modem may have been a temporary problem. I do not currently see a need to actually replace equipment, but as I mentioned that repoint is top priority and essential to getting your issue resolved. I will have Felicia follow up with you in your current message chain with her as we move forward.

@vladams2015 - We appreciate your input with troubleshooting steps. I am sure C-Walker does as well, but as she indicated, we've received all the tests needed already. I see that your visit is scheduled for 2/23/19. If you continue to experience issues after that, please create a new thread so we can assist.

Thanks,

Amanda

@vladams2015- We appreciate your input with troubleshooting steps. I am sure C-Walker does as well, but as she indicated, we've received all the tests needed already. I see that your visit is scheduled for 2/23/19. If you continue to experience issues after that, please create a new thread so we can assist.

Thanks,

Amanda

Yes, my visit is scheduled for that date, and I will be starting my own thread since my last one was riddled with insults and attacks for presenting my experiences with HN support. It's pretty simple though, if the visit doesn't fix I will be doing everything in my power to cancel service.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"I will be doing everything in my power to cancel service."

All you have to do to cancel service is call the customer service number.  

@maratsade wrote:

Imagine the power required to muster that...

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Depends on one's size vis a vis the phone.

May take some doing if one is going up against retention agents, though... Smiley LOL

@MarkJFine wrote:
maratsade wrote:

Imagine the power required to muster that...

Yes, but will be doing everything in my power to not pay exhorbitant fees while cancelling...but you knew that didnt you? You just wanted a narrative

maratsade

No, V. I didn't understand what you meant is all.  Thank you for clarifying, and best of luck to you in all of this. 

vladams2015 wrote:

Yes, but will be doing everything in my power to not pay exhorbitant fees while cancelling...but you knew that didnt you? You just wanted a narrative

@maratsade wrote:

No, V. I didn't understand what you meant is all.  Thank you for clarifying, and best of luck to you in all of this. 

vladams2015 wrote:

My apologies. I have gotten a bit standoffish from the attacks. Thank you for your wish of good luck. I suppose I will need it.

maratsade

No worries at all!  Here's hoping your luck will turn for the better and the tech visit will set things right for you. I imagine all this is gnawing at you, but I hope you'll hang in there and take things one step at a time. This too shall pass. 

vladams2015 wrote:

My apologies. I have gotten a bit standoffish from the attacks. Thank you for your wish of good luck. I suppose I will need it.

Tammkatt320
New Poster

I feel the exact way, SO FRUSTRATING!!! An Waste of money!
maratsade

You're posting to a very old thread. Why don't you start a ticket explaining what your issues are?