Hughesnet Community

Rep tells me one thing, tech tells me another. Which is right and what do I do?!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C-Walker
Freshman

Rep tells me one thing, tech tells me another. Which is right and what do I do?!

I have been having trouble out of my service for several months now. The reps ran tests on my equipment and told me some had to be replaced. When the tech comes, he runs his tests and tells me that everything is in working order and does nothing. This is the second time the tech has been out to my home and the second time replaced nothing. I feel like when I take two steps forward I get knocked back three. My service gets slower and slower with every passing day. Even loading a web page is difficult. I tried to login to HughesNet last night and I looked at the time because I wanted to see exactly how long it would take. At 12:02 the page started loading. As I waited I fell asleep and when I woke it was 12:26 and still hasn’t loaded the page. I wish the salesman I spoke to through HughesNet was more honest with me. I wouldn’t have wasted my money or my time. I’ve said this several times and I’ll say it again, HughesNet false advertised their product to me. Just because I live in a rural area and can not get any other service does not give this company the right to cheat and swindle people out of hard earned money.
12 REPLIES 12