cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair & customer service hughesnet

Freshman

Repair & customer service hughesnet

OMG so I’m half way 30 minuets of Wait time and am disconnected and man helping does not call back. I need to start over again? Bologna!!!! I hate this service I would rather use unlimited data on phone and get and pay the cable company same 122 I’m paying for frustrating nothingness. Help fix this or refund every dime for crap equipment.
Tags (3)
7 REPLIES
Spectator

Re: Repair & customer service hughesnet

The same thing happened to me, the first day of service. 50 minutes on hold, then dropped. I wonder if I made a mistake moving to Hughes two days ago.
Distinguished Professor II

@Screwthis

Please describe the issue you are experiencing.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Associate Professor

You have cable available? Why did you choose satellite internet instead?

Screwthis wrote:
OMG so I’m half way 30 minuets of Wait time and am disconnected and man helping does not call back. I need to start over again? Bologna!!!! I hate this service I would rather use unlimited data on phone and get and pay the cable company same 122 I’m paying for frustrating nothingness. Help fix this or refund every dime for crap equipment.

Highlighted
Freshman

Hi, I have called more weekends then I have time for. The salesman assured me that the package was big enough for streaming and a teenager. I told him I don’t use cable so I must have reliable internet. It has never worked well I have called many times and nothing has helped. I started in sept paid for the equipment in full etc. I pay every month automatically so it’s never late. Month 2 we ran out of data, but we just dealt with it. Month 3 I made sure when not in use nothing was running we use a Roku so we just turn it off then the tv. But also I was assured that the package would cover 4 TVs and at least 2 cell phones. Not all for at once but at least 2. Joke! We had to make sure our phones were not on the internet at home and could only attempt to watch 1 tv the system is not designed for multiple users that’s obvious. I went online to check my data and of course it’s gone. And it’s not time to renew. The next month I up my package and I bought tons of extra data to get though the week of Christmas vacation (previous month was nov dec) next is dec Jan. So those months we had kids home all winter break. And they watched tv a lot. Then the next month Jan feb I upped to the largest package and sob if it wasn’t gone by 14 days. More $$ I’m sick of it. I had high speed internet no limit before I moved it was fiber and so fast. Oh and I actually used only my phone last month and this because I wanted to see how this works. Half the time during regular service the internet is forever buffering it’s awful. Problem from day 1. Never fixed. So I also turned on a timer to watch movies supposedly saves data. No savings here. I was misled as I said to them every call. I am cutting my service which ends the 22 I think and rests on 23 anyway I’m done I’m paying for 1 tv part time minimum 160.00 per month plus extra tokens. Sad how much they will lie. It’s against the law to dupe consumers. I hung on 5 full months to try and deal. But I ran out of unlimited data on my phone. All done ✅ me out. Don’t do it. If you are reading this stop now and stop Service.
Freshman

Issues are after 35-45 minuets apparently your team drops calls and oddly fails to call customer back to help them. Don’t say they cannot, I know for fact a absolutely can but don’t. This has be one of my lovely experiences. No matter because I like everyone else have Ben duped by a sales team that will say whatever we need to hear to set up our service and get that commission. Probably if lucky it’s a whole 50$. HN encourages people to lie and mislead the consumer which is unethical and against the law. Do not pay a buy out, let them take us to court on their dime. My lawyer will find this easy money. Heck I will likely represent myself since all my money has been sucked into buying more internet. Ha! Ridiculous. Say goodbye to from what I have read is a ton of customers including single mom of 4 that you duped just like me. Shame shame on HUGHESNET BAD BAD SERVICE NO SUPPORT GOR SPOTTY SERVICE EITHER. THE WEATHER CAN BE SUNNY AND STILL YET NETS ON AND OFF ALL DAY. 😑 UGH!
Senior

So your problem is disappearing data, not speed, right?  I've never used a Roku but used to use Chromecast.  NOT anymore!  For a year, I couldn't figure out what was eating my data when I never used to come close to using it all (now I use it all doing speed tests Smiley Sad ).  Found out the hard way that Chromecast uses >15MB/HOUR even if it and the TV are off.  If Roku does the same, that's a big part of  your data.  Have you totally disconnected your router overnight and checked the usage the next morning to see if any data has been used?  Compare the number before turning it off and in the morning.  

Distinguished Professor II

@Screwthis

Do you possibly have a satellite TV receiver connected to the HughesNet service, like a DirecTV Genie or a Dish Network Hopper?  

Though the sales reps certainly try to make a sale like any other sales rep, they can only make an educated guess as to how much data someone may use.  Keep in mind that streaming, depending on the definition it's done in, can use a LOT of data.  Going off of Netflix's estimates, streaming in Low Def uses about 350MB per hour, Standard Def about 700MB per hour, and Hi Def about 3GB per hour.  Roku may be similar, though I don't know, as I don't have it.    

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit