Repairs to Satellite & Credit

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monicakm
Senior

Repairs to Satellite & Credit

Technician was here today. Earlier this morning Liz emailed and wanted me to unplug the modem from it's power brick for a seveal seconds.  I did that Liz!  Technician said there was condensation in a part of the radio arm thingy.  He replaced part of the arm and realigned the dish.  Signal is currently 99.  All my little Google Home devices, smart plugs and lights are happy again 🙂  And so am I 🙂  Called tech support when he left to see about getting a credit for all the sloooow to dead in the water service.  He was only able to credit one month since it was a month ago that I made the first of seveal calls.  

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Glad they got it fixed!  🙂 🙂 🙂 

To be honest, that's something I wouldn't have thought of.  The older dishes sometimes got condensation behind the lens (mine did, though not a lot), but with the ones that have been out since Gen4 it doesn't seem to be much of a problem.  If that's where the condensation was, it's interesting.  Again, though, I'm just glad it's now fixed.

Liz

Good morning Monica,

Thank you for letting me know how the site visit went. Glad the tech found that condensation and replaced the feedhorn. Thank you for power cycling as well, I've let the engineer who made the request know you've done so. If I have any other questions or instructions from engineering, I'll let you know.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

You're welcome Liz and thank you for mentioning the name of the "radio arm thingy".  I knew it had the name "horn" in it but all I could think of was the cartoon character Foghorn J. Leghorn.  I felt safer going with "radio arm thingy" than Leghorn LOL  I do believe the technician that came out was probably one of the more knowledgable ones that been out here over the last 13 years.  In addition to the replacement part he realigned the dish.  Signal strength improved (currently 100) AND upload speed is faster than it's ever been...3.2Mbps.  Download remains on the mid 40s.  

Awesome! Glad I could also help. Haha. The community will always be here if you need anything else.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!