cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to Kimberly Email Stopped Working

Reply to Kimberly Email Stopped Working

Hey Kimberly

Be sure the auto updates are off before I took my XP machines off the internet I ran into auto updates somehow got turned on and kept searching for updates.  Since XP is no longer supported by M$ there is no updates but it kept searching.  Now may I suggest something to you.  Go to http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php and download the Linux Mint Cinnamon ISO it can be installed to run alongside XP and the transition from XP to Mint is very easy.  Windows XP is experiencing lots of attacks due to no support.  These cyber attacks will eat data faster than a Chicken on a June Bug.  The nice thing about Mint is it can read your XP files so all your Text, Photos, and some programs will run with Mint and a program called WINE.  It will take a while to be weaned from Windows but is well worth it.  Now for the good side when Mint is installed to run alongside Windows it will give you a choice of which OS to boot to upon start-up or restart.  The really good thing is it is very secure no anti virus even needed.  The really really good thing it is all FREE open source.  The Mint Community and Forum will help you as will the Linux users on this Forum.

Screen Shot of my Mint Cinnamon Desktop very similar to XP
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Reply to Kimberly Email Stopped Working

Good morning Gary,

Thanks for your input for Kimberly. If she starts her own thread about the data usage, I'll merge this thread into it so she sees your advice.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Re: Reply to Kimberly Email Stopped Working

Thanks Liz she really needs to dump XP it is very dangerous for online use.