Requesting a sales call review

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Destinybarnhart
New Poster

Requesting a sales call review

I am very dissatisfied with the customer service, as well as the service itself. I would like to have a sales call review done on my account because I want to cancel my service and have the etf waived. During my initial sales call I had repeated multiple times that i have at least 4 people streaming Netflix you tube etc. at least 8 hours a day and that I needed enough data to cover that usage. The rep told me that the 10 GB would suffice. About 3 hours after our installation, when i checked our usage over 30% of the data was gone. I called customer service to **bleep** into a contract, that you dont have to show any respect because they still have to pay the bill, but knowingly 'selling' people on false, misleading, and unrealistic information to get that contract is not ok. I would like my sales calls reviewed and my etf waived because of all of this, even the highest data plan hughesnet offers wouldnt be able to provide me with the amount of data my household needs, the customer service reps have to be educated on the services they sell, so why would hughesnet even be recommended to me in the first place? Because they are trained not to sell a genuine service, but to get that contract signed.
6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The HughesNet reps on the site are not here on weekends, so it will be sometime next week when they see your post, and if your sales call is still available, they will review it.  The review process can take up to 7 business days, but they will be in touch with you. 

Destinybarnhart
New Poster

And of course the majority of my post was cut out. The main thing is that i was coerced into the contract under false pretenses then told by another rep that 20 gb would suffice, which ran out in 4 days. Then talked to ANOTHER rep, the mist honest one thus far that told me thay 20 GB would only cover about 2-2 1/2 movies being streamed. And lastly, I was on the phone for 2 hours last night and after explaining that I went back to my previous provider and havent used hughesnet since mid July the rep told me that my data was already used for this month. HOW DOES A MODEM THAT HAS BEEN UNPLUGGED, IN THE BOX, IN MY CLOSET SINCE JULY, USE ALL OF DATA???

Just curious: Why suddenly believe the rep when he says you're out of data, when you feel you've been lied to about everything else?

To be honest, the answer to your question is "it can't". You may have been out of data when you unplugged it. The totals in the system don't get updated unless the modem is powered and connected to the satellite network. What's in the system now is what you left it with in July and it's been flatlined ever since.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Destinybarnhart wrote:
And of course the majority of my post was cut out.  

The system has been a bit "glitchy" lately, arbitrarily bleeping things out that shouldn't be.  

Please keep in mind that only your original sales call, as in the one in which you agreed to the service, can be reviewed.  Also, sales calls are only saved for three or four months, so if it was no more than three or four months ago, it should be available for that review.  

Hello @Destinybarnhart,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear you believe you were misled. I will investigate the sales call and send a private message with the results. As maratsade stated, this investigation can take up to a full business week to be completed if the call is still available. Thank you for your patience in advance. 

-Damian 

@Destinybarnhart,

Thank you for your patience while this call was being reviewed. I have private messaged you the results. Please refer there for information. 

-Damian