cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results of testmy.net test

Highlighted
Freshman

Re: Results of testmy.net test

I've been wondering what in the world is going on with my service since april, but now I can see why from your post on 7/17/20 to Andrade. The only time it seems I can use HughesNet is at about 1am PST to 6am PST. During the morning my Upload slows and by afternoon it's almost useless. Uploading has been the main problem though and I keep getting these red Xs on the Uplink from Diagnostics under the (Advanced Menu page). 1am to 6am PST is the only time I see 0000-0000-0000-0005 code. After that I get all kinds of numbers. What is the latest on Jupiter-3? Any new Modems besides the HT2000W? Mine gets really hot, but I hear that is normal.

Satellite NameEchoStar-19-NAD
Gateway ID9
Beam ID4
Outroute ID1
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@de79 

In order to get help for your issue(s), and to keep it separate from I_Andrade's, please start a new topic in Tech Support, which you can do here.  Make sure to describe the issue(s), including the part about the red Xs on the uplink.  You can even copy the pertinent parts of your post here and paste them into the new topic.

Regarding the Echostar XXIV satellite, it's scheduled to go up sometime in early 2021, but it's possible that the launch date will be pushed out further if work on the satellite has been negatively affected by the pandemic.    

The HT2000W is the current and only modem for Gen5 service.  When the reps run their remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment they'll likely be able to see if anything's amiss regarding the heat. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Freshman

Thanks, that's a good suggestion especially for Amazon Prime movies. What about applications for work meetings such as Sharepoint and Zoom? Someone shared their screen with me at a meeting that took place around 2:30 EST last Wednesday, and my video looked really pixelated. The person on the other end said it was freezing a lot as well. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@I_Andrade wrote:

What about applications for work meetings such as Sharepoint and Zoom? Someone shared their screen with me at a meeting that took place around 2:30 EST last Wednesday, and my video looked really pixelated. The person on the other end said it was freezing a lot as well. 

I don't know of any alternatives or "fixes" for problems with these, but the reps may be able to help, especially since it's something for work, which is one of the things they're focusing on during the pandemic.

They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They usually respond within a working day, so hopefully you'll see a reply from them tomorrow.

@Liz @Damian @Remy 

Edit:  I should add that sometimes a power cycle can help, as it "resets" your connection to the satellite and purges the modem's cache.  It can also help to put your connection on a cleaner "channel" at the time, though the load on the "channels" changes dynamically due to load levelling, so it can start to slow down and/or buffer again after a while.  To perform the power cycle, unplug your HughesNet modem, wait at least 60 seconds, then plug it back in.  Then wait for at least five minutes, which gives the modem time to be fully back up and ready, and try your activity again.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

Good morning I_Andrade,

Welcome and thanks for posting and working with our community so far. We have some work from home tips regarding video conferencing: https://www.hninfo.us/worktips

I want to make sure the HughesNet equipment is working properly so please private message me your SAN (account number) or the associated phone number so I can run diagnostics on your site.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Good morning I_Andrade, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Hi I_Andrade, 

I got your PM with the requested info, thank you, and I've reopened this thread. I just ran diagnostics on your site and currently I can't communicate with the modem. Is it currently powered on?

-Liz

Highlighted

I_Andrade,

I was able to run diagnostics on your site now, looks like your dish could use an adjustment. What's your preferred time to have a site visit, morning or afternoon?

-Liz

Highlighted
Freshman

I am available anytime this weekend at your convenience. That would work best since I have this virtual conference coming up next week, Monday through Thursday, from 10:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. every day. I have to do that from my company office with broadband internet because can't take the risk of any interruptions.

Highlighted

Thanks for letting me know, your complimentary dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available weekend slot: Saturday, Aug 1, 2020 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

-Liz