cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colby
Sophomore

Returning Issue. Constant Disconnects.

@Liz

This is Colby again. I recently had an ongoing thread on here. I have been having issues with my connection since November of last year. After you had said my gateway was updated, my disconnects stopped for a couple of days. So, I marked the previous thread as resolved. Literally, later that evening my issues returned in full force. I am constantly disconnecting again. I can't play a video, even on the lowest quality, without buffering every few seconds. My wife can't download a book on her kindle. I seem to be dropping connection on a regular basis.

This issue is present on wifi and while using a wired connection. It happens on multiple devices. My speed tests are fine. I'm not showing any packet loss, so I don't know what the issue is. The weather is fine at my location as well. However, when I check the diagnostics in system control, I am showing some red X's in the uplink row.

I've been having serious issues since November of last year. The download speeds are fine now, but I can't reliably use the internet when I am disconnecting this often.

I hope you can help me out with this. Its been a nightmare dealing with these issues for so long. Thanks!

30 REPLIES 30

Hey @Liz,

Just sharing a few more test results. I tried to run a speed test this evening, but could not get the 4MB to work. I was finally able to complete the 3MB test. I attached the result below. I also attached another screenshot showing the continued uplink errors. I was briefly in FAP, but these tests were completed after I had already added a token.

uplinkerror7.png

Thanks Colby. You don't have to run any more tests, especially if you're running low on data. At this point we're just waiting for engineering to roll out the update that might address your concerns.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Ok thanks. I'll keep checking here for updates.

@Liz,

I know you guys are still working on some sort of a fix, but I wanted to provide another update. The weather is clear here today, about 80 degrees with sunny skies. I will keep checking this thread for any updates. I continue to disconnect on a regular basis. 

Thank You

RTT Error.png 

Hey @Liz

I wanted to check and see if there are any updates on the status of this?

Thanks,

Colby

Uplink Errors 4-23.png

Here is a download test from this evening. I know you said no use in running more tests, but wanted to get a feel for my speed. Not good.

Thank you for these updates, Colby. I inquired about the status of the roll out and engineering clarified to me that this fix is intended for customers on the other satellite, EchoStar 19. There is no fix for the satellite you're on, EchoStar 17 because the issue they're fixing isn't on that satellite.  Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Good morning Colby, 

Thank you for these latest updates. I ran diagnostics on your site just now and I don't see packet loss, however I will send these additional details over to engineering. Please use the 4 MB test file size when testing your upload speeds for more accurate results. I'll post back once I have any news to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

I have been calling tech support since installation two weeks ago.  I am always e peri ending dropped call.  Every time a tech passes me on, I am always asked for id, and then the call is dropped...within five minutes, no matter when I call.  I want to drop this voice service.