cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning Issue. Constant Disconnects.

Highlighted
Sophomore

Re: Returning Issue. Constant Disconnects.

Here is a screenshot of the uplink errors that I'm getting.

Uplink Issues.png

Highlighted

Thanks Colby, I'll send this to engineering as well.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Sophomore

@Liz thanks for looking into this. I really appreciate it. Hopefully this can be figured out before too long. I was reading another thread with similar issues that was posted around December and its still not resolved. I don't think I can tolerate this issue for another 3 or 4 months. I know you're doing all you can, but I've been having issues since mid November.

You may not need this, but wanted to share this from this evening.

Uplink Issues 2.png

Highlighted

Thanks for the update Colby.

Outside of the game, do you also get disconnected while doing general browsing? Which game are you getting disconnected from? Perhaps we can try to reproduce the behavior you're encountering.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Sophomore

@Liz, generally the web browsing is decent as of right now. However, it does happen with other things. My wife struggles to download books on her kindle, for example. Its like the connection just drops. I've seen her try multiple times just to get the store to open. Its like the connection drops or something. When this happens, I have immediately opened system control. But system control shows a green status light and says there are no issues. However, I have started checking the diagnostics page and am usually showing several red X's in the uplink row. 

The game is Hearthstone. Its a simple turn based card game. I've played it for years and years on Gen 4 with no issue. The game usually works well on my opponents turn, but I disconnect on a regular basis on my turn. This makes me think that the issue could be with me trying to send data out. 

Its like the connection can't be trusted to maintain itself. 

Highlighted

OK thank you for the additional details.

Highlighted

Good morning Colby,

Thanks for your patience while engineering investigates. I have an interesting update that might pertain to your issue. Engineering now understands the root of a number of issues, one of which MIGHT include your issue with Hearthstone. It requires a software fix on the gateway, but right now it's early in the testing process. No ETA on testing completion and roll out.

Once I have any more news to share I'll let you know.

Highlighted
Sophomore

@Liz thanks for the update. That doesn't sound too promising. Seems like this will go on for awhile. Also, I'm not sure what has happened, but since my allowance has reset a couple of days ago, my connection has gotten a lot worse. It has been extremely slow. I didn't think I would ever get logged into this site to post this. Now I'm not only having my original issue, but my download speeds seem a lot slower as well. I was averaging around 15-18 Mbps for awhile, but now I can barely even play a few seconds of a video on low quality. It will play for a few seconds, buffer for about 30, then repeat this process all over again.

Anyway, here are a couple of test results. I've been noticing some RTT errors recently as well.

RTT Error 2.png

Highlighted

Good morning Colby,

Thank you for these updates, after digging around I couldn't see anything that could have happened recently that would cause your latest concerns. I'm keeping a lookout and checking in for updates on engineering's investigation for you. Once I have any news to share I'll let you know.  Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Highlighted
Sophomore

Hey @Liz

I just wanted to provide an update and let you know that I continue to have the issues. I didn't want my thread to be closed. 

This is the diagnostics from this evening. I've been gone most of the day, and just recently started trying to use the connection today. I'm being disconnected pretty often.

Thanks for any updates you can provide.

Uplinkerror4.png