Router device list

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdmcclish
New Poster

Router device list

Wireless and wired connections to my router are not showing up on the device table. Any help?

6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@mdmcclish 

Are you using your own router and have the devices solely going through that router?  If so, only the router itself will show up on the connected/disconnected devices page.  

If your'e not using your own router, please describe which page it is you're looking at if it's different than the one in the link.

I'm using the Hughesnet router and I access the device table through 192.168.42.1.  When using your link, I still see devices that say disconnected when I know that they are connected. Additionally, devices that are hardwired are not showing up on the device list when using your link.

GabeU

@mdmcclish 

Only devices that are currently active (i.e. connecting to the net) will show in the Currently Connected Devices section.  If a device was active, but was turned off or has been inactive for a while, it will drop to the currently disconnected section.  Then, if the modem loses power it will purge the log and the list will start anew when it's power again. 

On the router page of the modem, only those connected devices that are on and active will show.

Understood however, I have a home video camera system that is connected to the network via cat6 that is not showing on the device list. I have assigned a static IP address to it as recommended by the manufacturer.

GabeU

@mdmcclish 

Is the camera system working as it should?  

Hopefully someone more versed in using cameras with the system can help.  

Yes it is. I'll wait to hear from someone else in the community. Thanks for your help.