cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router states full strength but from one room over will not allow my apple tv to stream

New Poster

Re: Router states full strength but from one room over will not allow my apple tv to stream

@GabeU wrote:

@lorijangle wrote:

Ok.  So let's say none of these things helps and when I run the signal strength test I get a bad signal in my living room.  Can I move the router or modem into the living room by extending the length of the coaxial cable?  What I mean is could I try this before having someone come out?  Or does the extension of the coaxial cable mess up the signal?  

Whether or not you can extend the cable is something a rep will have to answer, but I don't think so.  I believe it can cause too many issues.  There may be other ways to get the signal into your living room, if signal degradation is the cause of the problem.  

@BTW, when replying to a post, it's best to either quote the post (or at least the part you are replying to) with the Quote button on the upper right of the message body, or type the @ symbol and choose the name of the person you are replying to.  This way the replies will make more sense.  

OK.  So it has been a couple of weeks, I constantly run speed tests that say everything is running at full, download and upload, I turned off video data saver, and if possible I lower the video playback speed on whatever streaming service I am using.  Buffering all of the time now.  We cannot watch any videos on Hulu, Amazon, or Netflix.  We have officially paid our $70.00 bill for the first time and we still can't use the service for what we got it for.  I have no idea if moving the router will help because we cannot move it on our own.  Any other thoughts for me?

Highlighted

Re: Router states full strength but from one room over will not allow my apple tv to stream

Hi Lori,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I pulled up your account for review and I see that there is indeed an issue with the network coverage. It's likely because of the position of the wifi modem, I'd rather not have the kitchen in between the modem and where you're trying to stream; your Roku and Apple TV are only getting fair coverage according to my diagnostics.

As a courtesy, I've dispatched a technician to address your concerns. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Wednesday, Jun 6, 2018 between 11:00 AM-02:00 PM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #112892493 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi Lori,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. I hope that site visit went well. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->