Hughesnet Community

Routing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wingman

Routing

There is a server that is a hop on the way to my destination that is causing some issues.  It's IP is   64.125.29.208   and name is    ae3.cs1.lga5.us.eth.zayo.com   This server is showing a high packet loss, sometime holding at 100% for up to 20 seconds but averaging 30%.  I looked it up on the net and there are complaints about it going back several years.  Does anyone know what to do to to bypass this server?  I have contacted the highest level of hughesnet tech support and they said they could do nothing.

2 REPLIES 2
MarkJFine
Professor

The route is actually maintained by the upstream provider, essentially the next hop out after anything listed as direcway (HughesNet). For example, for Gateway 068 that is 4.14.190.73 (Level3). You can try to contact whomever your's is and see if they won't make an adjustment around zayo.com.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Liz

Hi Wingman, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. I hope Mark's suggestion helped. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!