cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running out of Data again

Freshman

Running out of Data again

Once again I am going to run out of data this month.  So, I have finally decided that I need a plan with more data per month.  When we originally signed up for Gen4, we got a plan comparable to what we had as far as data from the old plan.  However, we did not understand that uploads count as well as downloads. 

I have looked on the Hughes site and cannot find out a list of what other plans are offered as far as data.  Can anybody point me in the right direction?  Also, if I go with a new plan with a higher data usage, will I start a new 2 year commitment?  It seems that we might get a broadband wifi system in this rural county finally within the next year or so.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Assistant Professor

Re: Running out of Data again

Robert, look here to see what is available to you: http://services2.hughesnet.com/Service_Upgrade/
There is no additional time commitment on upgrades with the same equipment/satellite.
19 REPLIES 19
Assistant Professor

Robert, look here to see what is available to you: http://services2.hughesnet.com/Service_Upgrade/
There is no additional time commitment on upgrades with the same equipment/satellite.
Freshman

Thanks for that link.  The other plans don't really seem to fit what I need .... more daytime data.  I don't need 50MB data from 2 -  8 am. No way am I getting up at 2 am to download stuff.  I don't use the 10MB anytime data that I have now.  To up it to 50MB would be useless.  We do turn on the computer at 6:30 am so it there are any updates from overnight they will download before 8 am. 
Assistant Professor

I think you mean GB where you put MB. A bit confused when you say you don't use the 10GB Anytime data you have now. I thought you said in your original post that you need more data? I thought that was the point of your post. Very confused.  Smiley Sad
Associate Professor

From my understanding upgrading to these new plans doesn't lengthen contract time.  Upgrading to a SmartBrowse plan may be your best course of action.  If you do hit FAP with one those plans, basic browsing wont be throttled back.
Alum

Robert,

Thanks for the post. Hopefully your question was answered here. We were able to locate your account by name.  Is your question regarding your monthly data being drained, or is this referring to speed? In any case, we are here to help!

Please let us know if you still having trouble here, or any additional concerns you may have, as we await patiently for your response

- Warren
Freshman

I do not see anything called a SmartBrowse plan as others have mentioned.  Where would I find information on that?

one of the other members may come in , if not a Hughes-Net Rep will place  a site on your post so you can just click on it  or you can click on the link  that sgoshe posted for you and it will take you to that pag but do need to find out what's draining your data also !!!    that if you haven't already done that yet !!!
Alum

Robert,

Thanks for your reply. Smart Browsing is only on certain plans, such as Prime Plus, Pro Plus, Max and Ultra.

For more information and to check availability in your area: 
http://www.hughesnet.com/index.cfm?page=Plans-Pricing

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

- Warren

Hey Robert

There is Download Managers available but most don't work so well for large downloads.  What are your normal usage habits Surfing Video Music ect.  There are lots of background stuff running inside Windows that could eat up Data you could check on. 

I do know what you mean by if I don't use 10gb why the heck do I need 50.